Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Two Years and counting

Yesterday I passed two years (warrenty expired too) of living in the trailer. At this point I must say I am ready to move out.

Since I lost my FAA medical and cannot fly I want to get back into flying models. I love to build them. I could buy an ARF but it is just not the same.

I miss my king size Water bed, I miss being able to take a bath. I miss a sense of community. There is little living in a RV park.

Depending on where I end up with a new job the trailer may or may not be part of the picture. Too many variables right now. I am trying depsaretly to find a job in Missoula.

If I end up staying in Missoula I will be parking my trailer on property for the summer.

I have been offered a position with my former employer for the summer but it is not flying. Being that close to the airplanes and not flying them may be too hard to bear. I have also been offered RV park manager in Boise. Not sure I want that one either.

Time will tell.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
I'm just past 2 years myself of full timing (excepting 2 months last spring) and I hear all of what you are saying. If you aren't mobile, living in a camper can be a downer. On the other hand, when your out and traveling there is nothing that can touch it. I expect that this fall I will be finding a more normal living arrangement, but then again, I thought that last fall.....

Its funny, how I feel about full timing depends on the day I have been having. If the day was bad, I feel like a failure living in a camper at my age. On the other hand, on good days, I feel like I have beat the system and am living the good life way ahead of everyone else .

I guess in the end I figure there is a time for everything and so I will go with the flow. Maybe your time for fulltiming is over for now, maybe you will want to do it again later on. Or maybe not, who knows

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
You can do it

Michelle,

Rodney sounds like he described the two sides of fulltiming...I believe that being able to check out of the norm is an accomplishment and that all of you should be proud of the courage it takes to make changes..on that note, maybe it is time to re-invent yourself, so-to speak. As one who has met you, I am confident that you can do anything you set your mind and skills to do and still be the person you are without compromise.

Also, just remember, even though many of us have a "brick and mortar" living arrangement, we are in our Airstreams 100's of days a year, not quite fulltiming, but it is still a prominent Airstream lifestyle. Even if you end fulltiming, you can keep a big part of the lifestyle.

best of luck

time
Old 04-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hi Michelle. 'Time will tell' is right. In your previous job you lived so much of life outside of the RV park. Working through job encounters will clarify what you want for a living arrangement. We're with you all the way as much as that counts over the miles. Sarah isn't our best proxy -- keep on posting!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Michellle,

It's right and normal to be in mourning for the loss of your chosen profession. I am so sorry for your losss and am thinking of you.

If you can, try and take as much time as you can to sort out your next steps. I know that sometimes events take on a life of their own, but perhaps things will become clearer for you as days pass.

Best of luck and thanks for the postings.

Pat and Page
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote