Old 12-17-2003, 01:20 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Tuczon, AZ area RV Park Recs...

Happy Holidays to everyone on the forum!

My family is planning a road trip from snowy, cold western Colorado to sunny, warm Tuczon, AZ over the Christmas holidays. We're planning on hiking, biking, and just basking in the sun.

Would anyone make some recommendations for RV Parks in the area? I've found a couple of nice parks but they seem to be adult only (i.e. no kids).

Thanks ahead of time.

Abe

Old 12-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
We have actually only stayed in one park; we stayed in A Bar A when we first came here for about a week until our house was "ready" for occupancy. A Bar A is very basic--gravel but has full hook-ups. It is located off the I-10 at exit 240, Tangerine Road, and is actually in Marana.

You are right, many of the RV Resorts/parks are adult only, if not by rules, by just the fact we really have a lot of Snowbirds here in the area now.

Catalina State Park does not have sewer hook-ups but it is a nice State Park and located just off Oracle Road (AZ Hwy 77) here in Oro Valley.

Prince of Tucson is OK--email PrinceofTucson@WorldNet.att.net
I don't think they are adult only....sorta no frills but do have a pool.

Cactus Country would be my choice; it is at I-10, exit 275 (Houghton Road) --(800) 777-8799 or email cactuscountry@aol.com

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
PS--what amenities do you need/wish? If you will tell me your basic requirements, I can make phone calls for you and give you details on this forum.

Kistler
Old 12-17-2003, 03:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
Post, post script ....Beaudry RV Resort takes everybody and they have room.....

The website is: www.beaudryrvresort.com The expensive $49.95 +/- you have your own hot tub, I think.

It is at I-10 exit 264, Irvington Road; it is classy

Kistler
Old 12-17-2003, 06:44 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
My wife, son and I are going to the Mountain View RV Park in Huachuca City, AZ, about 20 miles or so south of Tucson. Our son is 18, but we're also bringing three dogs and a cat with us, so apparently the park managers are pretty relaxed.

Check out their web site:

http://www.mountainviewrvpark.com/

Maybe we'll see you there. Look for a 1965 Overlander and a big ole green Ford E350 with California plates.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for the suggestions, Kistler and Photobitstream!

Will have to check out both sites. Since we'll be staying there for about 5 or so days, we'd like to have some cable tv and a phone line for internet use if possible in addition to the basic electric/water.. I did see the Catalina State Park website earlier and it sounds pretty neat. Only problem is that they don't take reservations and have no idea how busy it would be during the holidays.

Thanks again!
Abe
Old 12-19-2003, 12:58 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
We just stopped by the kiosk at Catalina State Park on the way home from Costco....about 11:30 a.m. Tucson time.

They do have sewer hook-ups in 24 sites, along with electric and water; 24 sites are electric and water only. There is no cable and no phone hook-ups.

Right now you can have any of the 48 sites. It seems that they can't tell but seems "slow" this year.....

You could come in and if no full hook-up sites (electric, water, sewer) are available wait it out one night....tell the camp host you wish sewer and move the next morning.

Full hook-up sites are $19 a night.

70+ degree days or a little higher and our nights are in the 40's right now. Catalina State Park is in Oro Valley so our temps are just a little different than down in Tucson.

Happy Holidays,

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #8
lee
2 Rivet Member

Hello from Beautiful Tucson Az. . Currently wintering here and loving it as this is the first winter I have ever worn shirt sleves. My wife and I are staying at Beaudry RV Resort off Irvington in south Tucson , A weekly and monthly rates are avaliable, there is a profesional quality workout room , pools and spa's and all the usual amenities. It is not one of the great personnel type of rv parks as it is designed but it has all the things you need all you have to do is go out of your way to meet people. If you want a great friendly park try Ajo arizonia the people there are small town and very friendly and the desert is beauriful.