Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Southeastern , Pennsylvania
Try It Out Trip Columbus, OH to Nashville?

We had determined to buy a new FC or Int'l Sig 25 FB but wanted to rent one first before buying. The only place we initially found was Airstreams 2go where the rate was outrageous. We were about ready to buy when we stumbled upon an AS dealer in Columbus, Ohio (Haydocy Airstream) that will rent us a 2016 FC 25FB for a reasonable price so we can try it out. Better yet, they will apply the cost to the a purchase. Familiar with the games that can played but I will deal with that later with competing bids. Not my current issue. Now my real question.

We are total newbies but do have a TV. We were thinking that a good try it out trip would be from Columbus, Ohio to Nashville or surrounds. We have 1 week which we reserved in late April, 2017. Just my wife and I. We were thinking that we could hit Nashville or surrounds the first day (389 miles) and I am looking for full hookup RV parks the group would suggest. Our preference would be on a lake. Not very concerned about the daily fee. Also want to visit the Hermitage and perhaps James Madison's home. We would like to spend the night in three locations (1 in Nashville and perhaps two on the way back to Columbus) to practice hitching and unhitching and experiencing different parks and the lifestyle.

Any suggestions about where to reserve/stay and my try it out concept. Most appreciated. Thank you.
phil1ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
stow , Ohio
phil1ben,

Have dealt with Haydocy in Columbus and they were very good to work with. Eric Davis is the guy to work with there. He and his father both worked for Airstream back in the 70's and he is very knowledgeable. Eric goes to great lengths to make any AS buyer happy. I like your plan to try before you buy. It's a big investment so you don't want to make a mistake. Haven't camped in Nashville so I can't help you with that.

Mike
Carrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Southeastern , Pennsylvania
Thank you very much for your response.
phil1ben is offline   Reply With Quote