Old 11-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2014 23' International
Salt Lake City , Utah
Do you know what it's called. I thought there was one but I haven't been able to find it.

LolaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2014 23' International
Salt Lake City , Utah
Originally Posted by dames7 View Post
There is a Airstream only park in Downtown Vegas.
Do you know what it's called. I thought there was one but I haven't been able to find it.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
I've stayed at the Las Vegas Bay campground in the Lake Mead National Recreational Area. It is about 1/2 an hour drive to downtown Vegas; there are no hookups, but there is a water fill and dump station. It is semi-wilderness - last time I was there a pack of 4 young coyotes walked right by the front of my AS (about 4 feet from the AS). Price, as I remember it, was $10/night after paying for the access pass. I get the annual "America the Beautiful" pass good for federal parks.
AIR 12148
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Austin in winter & Lincoln in summer , Texas & Montana
You asked about outside Vegas, not too far, around Utah or AZ?...Zion is not too far away and well worth the trip. We just stayed there for 2 nights at Watchman campground, inside the park...a whopping $9/nite with senior pass...includes electric and they have dump stations...there is also another larger campgrounds just past Watchman but no hookups, but lots of space. We lucked out and there were some cancelations 2 weekends ago, and I am told, this time of year this happens, but you have to check each day at Watchman...either way, Zion is worth the drive if you can spare a couple nights. There are several RV campgrounds outside the park also, but can get costly...we had to stay at Quality Inn RV campground couple months ago as park was full...was around $45/nite with full hookups...just outside the park. But the park is jaw dropping if you have not been...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zion Watchman Campground.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	251806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zion.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	251807  

gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
Interesting note on Circus Circus. Until about a year ago is was a KOA. Typically $80+ per night. KOA moved to the southeast. Excuse was that CC was going to build/expand on the RV lot. Now the price is starting at $29. Depending on where your competition is located it is a great central location for the strip. Full service sites, was primarily a lot of black top but that may have changed. No longer showing on AllStays but you can reserve at the CC website.
2015 Classic
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
ghaynes755 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:14 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member
1965 30' Sovereign
1969 23' Safari
Redgranite , Wisconsin
December Travel-Weather

Hi! Hope your trip goes as planned. I have to ask where your traveling from? If anywhere other than southern area (Phoenix) you may want to make alternative plans and reservations for fall back since your competition will not wait for snow, ice or fog delays. Travel during mid-day should minimize the risks-hope for clear skies and sun with no residual salt or sand. Been through that area from all directions. Mother Nature can be surprising.
65Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:38 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member
2014 23' International
Salt Lake City , Utah
Thanks for the additional suggestions and ideas.

We're traveling from Salt Lake City area.

At this point it looks like we will not be able to tack on additional time off for the trip to make it worth while to stay anywhere else than Vegas for two nights. Sadly, I think we're going to end up staying at a friend's house. On the other hand, it will be a more relaxing drive (for me) without the trailer for such a short trip.

But I'm still happy to have all these spots because we will be going that way eventually with the Airstream. If we want to go anywhere during the winter, it will have to be south of us. In fact, I just realized that we could have planned something over Thanksgiving break. That may have to be another post to find warm locations south of Utah in general during winter without treacherous driving : )