Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
CEG
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Port St Lucie , Florida
Trip to the Mother Ship

Good morning fellow Airstreamers,
This spring, I will be traveling to Jackson Center from SE Florida
(Jensen Bch). The plan is to keep strictly to the interstate. I95 - I26 - I77 - I70 - I75.
Planning on traveling between 250 and 300 miles per day, just about 4 days travel. The first night we will be staying in Brunswick GA at Coastal Georgia RV park.
I am looking for camping suggestions for the remaining 3 nights. Also wondering if anyone else has taken this route from SE Florida to Jackson Center. Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Chuck
CEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEG View Post
Good morning fellow Airstreamers,
This spring, I will be traveling to Jackson Center from SE Florida
(Jensen Bch). The plan is to keep strictly to the interstate. I95 - I26 - I77 - I70 - I75.
Planning on traveling between 250 and 300 miles per day, just about 4 days travel. The first night we will be staying in Brunswick GA at Coastal Georgia RV park.
I am looking for camping suggestions for the remaining 3 nights. Also wondering if anyone else has taken this route from SE Florida to Jackson Center. Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Chuck

There isn’t much on the way up to Asheville. Best we have found is Tryon horse park. Nice pads and hookups. Others are off the beaten path.
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
I-75 Campground

Hi,
We went to Jackson Center this past September and stayed at the Kentucky Horse Park. This was the last campground we stayed at before we arrived at Jackson Center. Kentucky Horse Park is right off Interstate I-75 (exit 120), open year round, and about 185 miles from Jackson Center. It is a straight shot up I-75 until you get off the interstate to go to Jackson Center.

We liked the Campground so much we wound up extending our stay. If you have a few extra days at the Kentucky Horse Park Campground, the Museum which makes up part of the complex is great.
http://kyhorsepark.com/

Also just up I-75 a few exits is the Toyota Manufacturing Plant. They offer a great factory tour. Just call for a reservation.

The Ark Museum is also about 30 miles up I-75.
Silverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
Traveling from Fla to Jackson Center Ohio

Also forgot to mention, that there is a very nice campground in Hendersonville, NC right off I-26. It is Lakewood RV Resort. It is good for a one night stay or if you have more time to explore the area (Carl Sandburg Home, Asheville Arboretum). We have stayed there many times.

http://www.lakewoodrvresort.com/
Silverbee is offline   Reply With Quote