Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax gal View Post
My husband and I are picking up our new Airstream in a couple of weeks. We have a family wedding to attend on Easter weekend in St. Augustine. We thought we would leave from there to head west. We really don't want to make reservations because we would like to have the pleasure of driving until we are ready to stop or find an interesting place. My concern is wondering if there would be snowbirds traveling back and wondering how booked the rv parks would be. Any suggestions? I hate making reservations, but I sure don't want to be stranded on the road somewhere!

Go for it and enjoy the road! We'll be on the opposite path first week of March, CO to FL. We use ALLSTAYS CAMP & RV to pick a CG and call ahead a few hours before sunset. Never been stranded. One of our best surprises was a missionary church in the Louisana delta. We noticed their sign for RV parking and turned in. Fine pads and hookups, honor system for the bargain fees. We were happy to contribute to their effort and slept very well.

Safe Travels,
JamuJoe

JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:09 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamuJoe View Post
Go for it and enjoy the road! We'll be on the opposite path first week of March, CO to FL. We use ALLSTAYS CAMP & RV to pick a CG and call ahead a few hours before sunset. Never been stranded. One of our best surprises was a missionary church in the Louisana delta. We noticed their sign for RV parking and turned in. Fine pads and hookups, honor system for the bargain fees. We were happy to contribute to their effort and slept very well.

Safe Travels,
JamuJoe

We will be spending some time in the Louisiana delta, so that's good to know! Do you remember the town? I use Allstays as well - great app! Thanks!

Old 02-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Several years ago we got on US 84 in Ga and took it way into Texas where we got on 285? And then into NM or something like that. Ended up in Co and then to Durango. You can google US Roads and find a list of US highways that go east west or north south. I used to travel on a MC and that is how I planned my trips. Just found a road in the general area and followed it. US 50 is a good east west route but too far north for you. On our trip to Washington state from Florida we only were on the interstate for a stretch in Utah. No other alternative there. Back on topic, Us84 or US 80 will take you east west on a non interstate route. Jim
Old 02-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Interesting scenic routes for those with time to explore:

America's Byways
Old 02-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax gal View Post
We will be spending some time in the Louisiana delta, so that's good to know! Do you remember the town? I use Allstays as well - great app! Thanks!

My mistake - we were still on the MS side of the River when we found Cary Christian Center in Cary MS. $20 for a fine pad. Nice people.

JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote