Old 08-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #29
2006 22' International CCD
Estes Park , Colorado
I tow with a full tank when I start out, but dump it once I start mixing water and know there's water hookups at the next campground. I like using our home water as much as possible. Also, Yertle seems to tow better with a full load of water. I don't see any difference in gas mileage.

Terry P. Rizzuti, "Yertle"

"My two cents is worth every penny."
TRizzuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #30
Overland Adventurer
1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
I'll bet everyone would reconsider carrying full if bourbon could be carried 52 gallons at a time affordably........You know what I'm saying!

AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
Pay attention to the capacity of your tank. The '67 Overlander has a 30 gal tank under the couch at the very front of the trailer above the floor. 8 lbs/gal makes that 240 lbs almost all of which is added to tongue weight. I have towed with full, half and empty water and can't tell much difference except with full water tank, the electric jack labors slightly more. My tongue jack is original so it has quite a few miles on it. I usually tow with enough water to be able to flush the toilet during potty breaks and wash hands. How much depends on whether I am planning to boondock at destination.
Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:55 PM   #32
Rivet Master
2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
The fresh tank is located exactly between the two axles on my 27 FB so almost no effect upon tongue weight. Black is furthest forward and grey in-between.

kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote