Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
The designs vary. When down, our table sits on two solid hardwood cleats with no strain on the metal wall bracket.

YBMV — “Your Bracket May Vary”

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Yeah. Maybe they improved it since 1988.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:13 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
We full timed for three years, our table has never been down. As someone commented, if the single leg looks out of vertical, a light nudge from my foot will straighten it.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
My Airstream Manual Says Table Up for Travel

2005 Safari 25C, have always towed with table set up. The manual contains specific instructions to leave the table up during travel. No problems with the hinge or leg.
Airhead59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:31 PM   #25

2005 25' Safari
Sacramento , California
Table in back of trailer

We have a 25 foot Safari with the table in the back. I di two things. Put a pad on the floor under the lag and second took a flat bungee cord, fasten to the steel leg under the seat. Come over the table and hooked to the door under the seat on the other side. I put a bolt with a loop so I had somethin to hook to. That table is now fasten held to the floor and is up. JW
hpjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Under Table Space Needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I have always left my dining table up.
Never crossed my mind to do anything else.
When I notice the leg wonky or leaning or crooked after traveling I give it a slight kick/nudge to straighten it...
Mostly the table leg works outward leaning into the aisle...
I want it to be perfectly vertical...
I have a 2004 Narrow Body 22 foot Safari (rear kitchen). The Yeti Tundra 35 fits perfectly between the seats under the table if it is left up. When reaching a destination, I lift it and put it on the dressing table where it is out of the way. With the smaller refrigerator/freezer of a 22 foot, this Yeti becomes necessary on long trips to keep from stopping at grocery stores every three minutes. On our longest trip (26 days) we also carried a Yeti Tundra 45 on the back floor of the pickup truck with the seats raised up. Either Yeti with dry ice on the bottom will keep things frozen (brittle) for seven days opening it only once a day to pull out the next days things to thaw in the refrigerator. We usually use one for a freezer and one for a cooler (block ice preferred). We got the idea on a thread here by someone who was debating about a 22/23 foot vs. a 25, and they got a price on the smaller one they couldn't pass up.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:14 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Ada , Michigan
Up or down doesn't matter. Changing the air in the tires every 2000 miles, now that is important.

Greetings from Casa Habanero, 2016 27FB
ronderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:07 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I used to change the air, but didnt want that nasty old air all over me, so i changed to a macerater air exchanger. Now no mess!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Perry , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
I used to change the air, but didnt want that nasty old air all over me, so i changed to a macerater air exchanger. Now no mess!
Be green, be sure to recycle that old air.
J-K Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Table up. Sometimes with things left on it by accident! Never had anything even fall off the table!
Old 11-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #31
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Umm....

My owners manual says to put the table UP before travel. Just saying, that's straight from the source!

(If it's down already, I travel with it that way... but most of the time we travel with it up.)
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:36 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2005 30' Classic
Keswick , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
I'm one of the people who posted on the linked thread about the table coming down. I started a thread about my experience: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516...ow-137789.html

In my thread, post 30 has a picture of my table leg modification. We have had no problems since making this modification.
Great solution SSquared. Took me a bit to see that it is a hinged hasp. I have put that on my to-do list. Also on my list is a shower door I have to lift up to open after 18,000 miles this summer. Anyone know how to fix that one?
Charlottesville, Virginia
gregwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
In the motorhomes the folding table and chairs was an option vs the booth. Mine has the folding table with extension to make it longer. I always leave it UP...but never leave extension in unless in use.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:23 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwall View Post
Great solution SSquared. Took me a bit to see that it is a hinged hasp. I have put that on my to-do list. Also on my list is a shower door I have to lift up to open after 18,000 miles this summer. Anyone know how to fix that one?
The hinge is just a plain old hinge from the hardware store. I removed the original hinge pin and replaced it with one similar to what we use on our hitch, so it is easily removable. The only time I removed it was when I rolled the floor back back to dry out the plywood after a leak.

Can't help you on the shower issue.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #35
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We always left the table up. In 62,000 miles of travel our table came down several times. First time the screws for the leg ripped out of the table and they were replaced with bigger screws. We found it upside down another time having detached from the wall, though the wall brackets were fine after I bent them back to work properly. I think it came down one or two more times. Just before we sold it, the leg would not lock anymore—the lock malfunctioned and the leg would not stay in place. Drilled through the leg, put in a bolt and locked it permanently. If we had kept the Airstream, I would have ordered a new leg.

Our new trailer (yes, an alien brand) has the same type leg and brackets and we haven't lowered it either. I like the idea of using a bungie cord to hold the table down and hopefully prevent it from moving during travel.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote