Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-02-2016, 06:02 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I had to take the 2007 Mercedes to CanAm before picking up the first Airstream in October of 2012, the 2013 25FB International Serenity. I was gone for seven elapsed days with one full day at CanAm in the middle to modify the factory hitch and modified the Hensley stinger. I drove from Phoenix to London Ontario (taking time for the factory tour on day 3 before getting there) and returned to Phoenix via Santa Fe to check on the house. Three driving days each way and a total driven distance of 4,400 miles. That works out to an average of about 733 miles each day.

Two days after I returned, I drove to Los Angles to pick up the trailer, which was a one day trip each way.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:48 AM   #42
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Time off out of 24-hrs is another way to look at it. A day of more than 500-miles takes away too much from rest, meals and just stuff in general. Something is being overlooked, ignored or compromised.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
One thing we learned while mc traveling and do the same with the rv is on a multi day cross country trip, we stop every third or fourth day for a rest wherever we are. It's amazing after the fifth or sixth day driving how lax one can get. A day off resets everything. I hope this is not too far off topic.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:26 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Len and Jeanne,

We are departing that morning from Kearney Nebraska, on I 80. We will be getting there from Kansas City the day before. Staying at a full hookup RV park with pull thru, so won't unhook. Daughter #2 will be with us. That night she will sleep on the table-as-a-bed.

We plan to leave about 6:30 am (it will be light about 6 am).
Driving to Cheyenne Wy and want to be there about 11:30 am. (gain 1 hour due to time zone change). We are meeting daughter #1 in Cheyenne. She will be driving up from Denver. We are taking this route to avoid the Denver Metro and traffic.

So lunch will be in Cheyenne while waiting to meet up with daughter #1. We always eat at rest areas, since we like the food so much better! Figure it will be windy, so we can eat in the AS if it is.

Then departing Cheyenne, I-80 to Rawlings, then up thru the Wind River Range (so beautiful!!) to spend the night in Dubois Wy at RV park. Daughters 1 and 2 in one vehicle, and us and the AS with the second vehicle. In Dubois we have a back in site and daughters will be in their tent.

Next day we are hitting Yellowstone, and wanted to be able to have a fairly short drive to get into the park and set by lunchtime at the campground there.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote