Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Zionsville , Indiana
Trailer Valet XL - user experience?

Any comments out there on using the Trailer Valet XL to position your trailer?
DRPREECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Also interested in this thread!

I have used the original trailer valet and it worked very well. Thinking of investing in the XL..
Old 01-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Glendale , California
Hope there are more posts on this thread. An interesting concept.
MomcatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Ocala , Florida
I currently have a 23 foot travel trailer that weighs 5500 loaded +/- and the tongue weight is about 480 lbs

I move it in my rather tight parking area with a Trailer Valet XL. I like how it works with my dewalt 18v drill.

Their specs say this model is good for up to a 10,000 pound trailer and 1000 lbs tongue weight.

Has anybody used one of these on an AS. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2017 Flying Cloud 27FB -- the tongue weight is north of 850

Has anyone used the Trailer Valet XL on a 27 or larger AS?

Thank you

Mike
Mikenbern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:17 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
I used the original Trailer Valet and then upgraded to the XL. I don't use the drill attachment. I prefer to crank it by hand and take it slow and steady up the driveway. It works well and I have been a happy Trailer Valet user for over three years now. As I age, I am considering a more robust mover with it's own electric motor but that has no reflection on my happiness with the Trailer Valet.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Good info so far!

Now, has anyone used the XL with a pro-pride hitch or a Hensly?
Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I've been using this for the last 5 years:

https://parkit360.ca/collections/par...-capacity-base

...and I can tell you first hand, with a 750 hitch weight, the fwd/backward rock of the units without stability are a REAL PITA to use when using a hitch ball. They do work, but it's a fair amount of exercise. This type of attachment would lessen the fwd/backward rocking motion that I do not see as an option for the trailer valet:

https://parkit360.ca/collections/acc...-trailer-dolly

I do like the parkit 360, but clearly one of it's major shortcomings is ease of use due to no horizontal support and though the trailer valet is far less expensive, I would think it could be equally interesting to use without that horizontal stabilization when using a hitch ball as the connection, esp when moving on uneven surfaces.

In lieu of having that horizontal support, I have simply been using my power jack foot with it as retracted as far as possible and I get zero horizontal movement....of course I had to engineer a way to get the trailer off the power jack, but once that was done, I had a very viable solution. I know I can get a bracket that would attach to the "a" frame, but I find moving the trailer from the front pivot point works better for me in tight areas.

Your results can and will vary.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
works for me in positioning our 19' and 23' in the driveway and the storage unit. I like not having another motor to feed and maintain.

Be sure to get the correct ball with it. etrailer has them on sale time to time.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote