Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #1

2015 30' International
Durango , Colorado
Trailer and TV Storage in Salt Lake City

Dear Airstreamers,

My wife and I are planning a trip out west this summer in July and August. We would like to store our Airstream (30' International) and TV (Ford F-250) in Salt Lake City for about three weeks from July 30 until August 18. We will fly home to Austin for business meetings and return for the second half of our trip on August 18.

Any suggestions on places to secure our rig during this time? Ideally I'd like to find a secure location, covered if possible.

I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Bill
bted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
There's a place called Full Service Storage, I contacted them about the same thing. They, like most places are looking to rent more long term but did say them might do it for me.

I opted to go to Vegas and do what you are doing, but I took a site in a campground.

Good luck, what you are proposing is hard to find, but if you are diligent, places do exist.

Also, i installed a Spot Trace, which is an asset tracker. Something to think about if you are leaving your trailer somewhere.
Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Check U-haul.
I have my RV stored in a covered facility that's owned by u-haul. No truck rental here, just RV storage.
Airstream + TV might be long, since they're geared to motorhomes.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #4
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Second on Full Service Storage. Best in town. They have two locations, one near the airport which would be ideal for you. It's a great operation. Indoor, secured (gated as well as locked warehouse inside the gate), climate controlled, immaculately clean, and staff on site all day. And they can make any repairs you might want done while it's there, have it washed, etc. Only the staff is allowed inside, you unhook outside and they pull it in for you with a tug, and out when you return. So no worry about other people damaging your unit backing theirs in like at a normal storage place. I kept mine there for the first winter I owned it. It's huge, and has a lot of high end toys stored.

Also, if you arrive into SLC after 5 pm or when they are closed, rather than get a hotel, you can call in advance and they will pull your rig outside the warehouse, and give you the gate code so you can get in and retrieve at anytime day or night. They'll park it behind the building so that nobody driving by will even know it's out there.

They should accommodate you as they have a monthly option which is $9/foot per month for the trailer and a flat $115/month for the pickup. Much cheaper than a campground without the worry about security, weather damage, etc. Should be no problem during summer since many people get their toys out for the season and only store in the winter. They fill up in the winter.

https://www.fullservicestorage.com/
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote