Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #15
Patriotic
 
Chuck's Avatar

 
1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,533
Images: 260
I think the museum is actually "IN" Rob's driveway.



But yeah, if you do come through Burlington, I'll second the vote for North Beach CG. We stayed there a few years ago...(when we went up to see the international rally). Very nice.
we actually had our first contact with the NEU there, meeting the Lupiens, who were also staying there. Jack was 11 weeks old.
__________________

__________________
Air:291
Wbcci: 3752
'73 Safari 23'
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #16
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
Letchworth State Park

Yes reservations strongly recommended. Great food,and wonderful view of the Falls. Just google Glen Iris Inn, Letchworth State Park> Phone 585-493-2622. They should be able to give you all the info needed. It's one of the most beautiful State Parks we've been to, especially in the Fall. It's a great day trip from Buffalo, so we haven't been there with the A/S, but you shouldn't have a problem. Have a wonderful trip, and post some photo's so everyone will understand why we are so enthusiastic about NYS
__________________

__________________
PFC.....

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 AM   #17
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I think the museum is actually "IN" Rob's driveway.


Chuck, I read this somewhere else on the forum, too! Posted by Rob himself I believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
But yeah, if you do come through Burlington, I'll second the vote for North Beach CG. We stayed there a few years ago...(when we went up to see the international rally). Very nice.
we actually had our first contact with the NEU there, meeting the Lupiens, who were also staying there. Jack was 11 weeks old.
Okay, so far the definite reservations slots are Letchworth and North Beach. Now do we see Rob on the way to Letchworth or on the way back? So many decisions! So little time!
__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:47 AM   #18
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS
Yes reservations strongly recommended. Great food,and wonderful view of the Falls. Just google Glen Iris Inn, Letchworth State Park> Phone 585-493-2622. They should be able to give you all the info needed. It's one of the most beautiful State Parks we've been to, especially in the Fall. It's a great day trip from Buffalo, so we haven't been there with the A/S, but you shouldn't have a problem. Have a wonderful trip, and post some photo's so everyone will understand why we are so enthusiastic about NYS
What a beautiful place and the history behind it is so heartwarming! Glen Iris Inn - Home. Those rooms are incredible. I want to have the dinner buffet - sounds delicious and what a reasonable price!

I am itching to get the camera going and we haven't even gotten there yet!
__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #19
1 Rivet Short
 
1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,547
Images: 3
See my trip report from a couple of weeks ago, very similiar route and we had a blast;http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...tml#post425217
__________________
*Life is Good-Camping all around the Continent*
*Good people drink good beer-Hunter S Thompson*
BillTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member
 
campadk's Avatar
 
2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 458
Hi Eddy,

Certainly if you're heading up into the Adirondacks you'll have to visit the Lake Placid area! Especially if you love lakes and mountains. It's gorgeous.
Also home to our own 'stomping grounds' which is Fish Creek Pond State Park. Can't be beat if you love to be camped lake side (319 of the 355 sites are on prime waterfront). See Fish Creek Pond State Park (DEC) - Adirondacks, NY - The Ultimate Guided Tour and Photo Journal which includes tons of photos and a campsite photo guide so you know exactly what you are getting.

The Adirondack museum in Blue Mountain is just an hour south (must see), and the brand new Wild Center in Tupper Lake is just 20 minutes south. Lake Placid is about 45 minutes to the east. Be sure to check out the Olympic complex, ski jump (they jump in the summer too! and of course Whiteface. Prime hiking to be had as well (mind you the White Mountains of NH are pretty fine too!). Take the boat tour on Lake Placid, its only $9 per adult if I'm not mistaken and is well worth it with the fantastic views on the lake. You'll see all the great camps and the tour guide will point out who owns what yada yada yada. This area (and Fish Creek) are great destinations too if you do go through Burlington into the Adirondacks to the west on your way towards the finger lakes (or vice versus).

Have a great trip!
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 AM   #21
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTex
See my trip report from a couple of weeks ago, very similiar route and we had a blast;http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...tml#post425217
Oh, I read this thread! It is where I first read about Letchworth State Park and Robert Cross's post about the Adirondacks. This thread is what made my mind up that we were going to dedicate our 14 days to Upper State NY and I am so grateful for all the resources we have available because of this forum!
__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #22
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by campadk
Hi Eddy,

Certainly if you're heading up into the Adirondacks you'll have to visit the Lake Placid area! Especially if you love lakes and mountains. It's gorgeous.
Also home to our own 'stomping grounds' which is Fish Creek Pond State Park. Can't be beat if you love to be camped lake side (319 of the 355 sites are on prime waterfront). See Fish Creek Pond State Park (DEC) - Adirondacks, NY - The Ultimate Guided Tour and Photo Journal which includes tons of photos and a campsite photo guide so you know exactly what you are getting.

The Adirondack museum in Blue Mountain is just an hour south (must see), and the brand new Wild Center in Tupper Lake is just 20 minutes south. Lake Placid is about 45 minutes to the east. Be sure to check out the Olympic complex, ski jump (they jump in the summer too! and of course Whiteface. Prime hiking to be had as well (mind you the White Mountains of NH are pretty fine too!). Take the boat tour on Lake Placid, its only $9 per adult if I'm not mistaken and is well worth it with the fantastic views on the lake. You'll see all the great camps and the tour guide will point out who owns what yada yada yada. This area (and Fish Creek) are great destinations too if you do go through Burlington into the Adirondacks to the west on your way towards the finger lakes (or vice versus).

Have a great trip!
Dave, this post is perfect timing. I was just looking into which one of the Adirondack sites fit our interests the best and Fish Creek Pond is sure to be it. Thank you for the link - this site is incredible. I love the details and the map of the available camping sites. I think the boat tour is in for us also - great price!

Thank you!
__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member
 
BDandTTs's Avatar
 
2005 22' International CCD
Huntington , Vermont
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 309
Images: 49
Have definitely put Fish Creek on our list, and now we've got to figure out how to bring the kayaks along!

Karma to you for the great website!

__________________
Bob, Dianne, and Tess the WFT
BDandTTs
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

http://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member
 
campadk's Avatar
 
2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 458
Let me know if you need anything else Eddy on that area. We spend close to a 1/4 of the year 'vacationing' in the Lake Placid, Saranac Lake region so we are pretty familiar with what is available.

If you do make it up there, let us know. We have a place in Lake Placid and will be camping at Fish Creek another 3 or 4 times this fall.

Cheers
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member
 
campadk's Avatar
 
2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDandTTs
Have definitely put Fish Creek on our list, and now we've got to figure out how to bring the kayaks along!

Karma to you for the great website!
Definately bring a kayak BD! A ton of destinations by canoe/kayak right from your campsite.
campadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #26
1 Rivet Short
 
1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,547
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by campadk
Hi Eddy,

Certainly if you're heading up into the Adirondacks you'll have to visit the Lake Placid area! Especially if you love lakes and mountains. It's gorgeous.
Also home to our own 'stomping grounds' which is Fish Creek Pond State Park. Can't be beat if you love to be camped lake side (319 of the 355 sites are on prime waterfront). See Fish Creek Pond State Park (DEC) - Adirondacks, NY - The Ultimate Guided Tour and Photo Journal which includes tons of photos and a campsite photo guide so you know exactly what you are getting.
Wow...that is an amazing site. I can't believe someone took the time to put all that together-awesome! We'll be there next summer for sure.

Bill
__________________

__________________
*Life is Good-Camping all around the Continent*
*Good people drink good beer-Hunter S Thompson*
BillTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remodeled 310 spinolio Airstream Motorhome Forums 32 05-09-2016 09:03 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.