Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Topsail Sate Park FL

We are heading back to the Destin FL area and will be staying at Topsail Sate Park for about 11 days in early May. Beautiful place that we have been staying at for many years. The last time that we were there was in 2008 and we arrived on a Friday in the late afternoon. When I pulled in to my site I counted 5 Airstream's scattered around the park. I though this is great, I will have to go around and introduce myself tomorrow morning. None of the Airstream's were traveling together but their last day there was that Friday and all left on Saturday morning. I never saw another Airstream over the next 2 weeks. I hope this time that there will be some Airstream campers while we are there.

Don Hardman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	93929  
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
We are heading back to the Destin FL area and will be staying at Topsail Sate Park for about 11 days in early May. Beautiful place that we have been staying at for many years. The last time that we were there was in 2008 and we arrived on a Friday in the late afternoon. When I pulled in to my site I counted 5 Airstream's scattered around the park. I though this is great, I will have to go around and introduce myself tomorrow morning. None of the Airstream's were traveling together but their last day there was that Friday and all left on Saturday morning. I never saw another Airstream over the next 2 weeks. I hope this time that there will be some Airstream campers while we are there.

Don Hardman
Don,
You should have been there this past weekend.....around 30 Airstreams, and lot's of fun!

Canopener

Ron

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
I watched your video and it looked like everyone was having lots of fun even with the cold weather. Maybe next year.

It is a beautiful place and we love going there. The 1st time we stayed there was probably in 1986 or 87. It was still a private park and the new section had not been started. There was no road to the beach, just a trail in the sand through the woods.

Don
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Thumbs-up for TopSail Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
...Beautiful place that we have been staying at for many years...
We have enjoyed visiting three times so far. The pond-front sites are really nice.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM002185doc.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	93933  
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote