Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #1

Cool Top of Georgia Airstream Park

New to Airstreaming, but not trailering. Read an advertisment in the Blue Beret about and Airstream only park in Helen, GA. called Top of Georgia. Any feedback on this park would be appreciated. Would like to go there in January. Anyone know what the weather is like at that time of year. Live in southwest Florida where it is always hot. Thanks,Judie

Old 10-14-2004, 08:53 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiejo
New to Airstreaming, but not trailering. Read an advertisment in the Blue Beret about and Airstream only park in Helen, GA. called Top of Georgia. Any feedback on this park would be appreciated. Would like to go there in January. Anyone know what the weather is like at that time of year. Live in southwest Florida where it is always hot. Thanks,Judie

Its going to be pretty cold in January but I love the North Georgia mountains in winter. I have no winter experience in RV's though. There is a thread going on about winter camping in RV's on the board, you should check that out.

I rode my bicycle past the campground that you are talking about last month, it is a beautiful place!

Old 10-14-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

The website for the Top of Georgia is http://home.alltel.net/topofga most of the info you need for it is there. It is a nice park about 5 miles north of Helen. The rates are listed there. You do need to be a member of the wbcci and of course have an airstream. Most of the park is closed but there are some 20 sites opened after Nov. 1. (or thereabouts). There are no showers or laundry facilities. Water, power and cable is available.
As is anywhere in north Georgia the weather varies. It could be very nice or very cold. Usually it is pretty good. You will just have to check weather.com to see how it will be the weeks you wish to go. From my experience of living in north Georgia most of my life--it usually snows the last week in January. But that is subject to change.

Hope this helps.

Gryphon
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by judiejo
Judie, There are a lot of A/S parks throughout the U.S. Deb & I have only been owners (& WBCCI members) since Jan. but we have been to 3, 2 in Texas. Bought a villa & guest lot at N.T.A.C. (North Texas Airstream Community). I've heard there is a directory with all listed?. We'd like to visit as many as possible. The Georgia mts. are beautiful & I would like to hear from you about your trip, if you go. Thanks, -Ed
Old 07-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Airstream Parks Directory

My site has a listing of the Airstream parks.

Fred's Airstream Archives - Airstream Parks
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:52 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

didin't i read someone went there and was refused entry b/c they said his airstream was too old? or was this another c/g?
Old 07-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Quote:
didin't i read someone went there and was refused entry b/c they said his airstream was too old? or was this another c/g?
That would go against the very fabric of Airstreaming. There is a campground off of Exit 399 of I75 in Alachua, Florida, that has that rule. They will, however, "inspect" your unit, and it may be worthy to enter their realm of ultra sophisticated, high roller camping.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:14 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
Top of Georgia is a beautiful campground althought I have never been there in the winter. The setting is very pretty, the park is very clean, and where else can you get full hookups including cable for $6.00/night!
SC Coastal Unit
TAC-SC5
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Where are our manners? Welcome to the forums Judiejo. You will find the nicest and most helpfull folks around on this forum. You have a question, someone here will have an answer and the right advise.

Hope to see lots of post from you in the future.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I was the one who was told my AS was too old but not for that park, it was for an RV resort also in Helen. TOG is small but nice, although we found it not to be kid friendly. Also very minimal as to bathrooms,etc.
I highly recommend Unicoi State Park right nearby which is beautiful, Vogel SP not too far from Helen, and the GA Mountain Fair Campground which is lakefront in Hiawassee. Very nice park, and nice facilities.

AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote