Old 06-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #57
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
We are into 43 years and sometimes on those long trips the stories get repeated! When I say, "we talked about that yesterday", she accuses me of wanting to listen to the GPS Girl rather than her. And when the GPS Girl guides us up a dead end road, I get reminded again of my poor choice of consultation. (I told you so but you wouldn't listen)
It really is just a game she plays to keep me awake on those long hot runs.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
I couldn't imagine not having my wife alongside on our travels and after 37 years of marriage I'm glad that we are getting to enjoy our Airstreaming time together.

Dana

Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
We are into 43 years and sometimes on those long trips the stories get repeated! When I say, "we talked about that yesterday", she accuses me of wanting to listen to the GPS Girl rather than her. And when the GPS Girl guides us up a dead end road, I get reminded again of my poor choice of consultation. (I told you so but you wouldn't listen)
It really is just a game she plays to keep me awake on those long hot runs.

Dave

Dave

we call our GPS girl, The Lady... and she completely failed us on our Arkansas trip last week..... well actually it was our less than spotty T-Mobile coverage..... so we had lots to talk about.... especially once I stopped and bought an Arkansas road map lol

Dana

Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #59
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I believe, with some years of experience behing me now, that when two women are trying to do the same task probems my arise. Maybe it would be best to change the GPS to a male voice option?

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Dave

we call our GPS girl, The Lady... and she completely failed us on our Arkansas trip last week..... well actually it was our less than spotty T-Mobile coverage..... so we had lots to talk about.... especially once I stopped and bought an Arkansas road map lol

Dana
Old 06-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Or remember to print out the directions like I usually do.

Sometimes life just gets in the way of proper trip preparation, although for this trip we had the following because of the great advice we have gotten here on AS Forums:

120 adapter for our 30 amp cord when the campsite we were promised had 30 amp, became a site with what the desk person called "weak" power.

Leveling legos for the first campsite we have hit in six trips that wasn't close enough

extra length of water hose

Dana

Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote