Old 09-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2009 30' Classic
madison , South Dakota
Unhappy Time to say goodbye (?)

Well, due to health concerns, we may be leaving the airstream family soon. We bought our 2009 classic, our 2012 Ram 3500, about a year and a half ago, sold our home and went full time to visit our 5 kids scatterered about the country. Travelled about 15,000 miles, accomplished much of what we hoped to, but now, must make a change. I just can't sit behind the wheel very long anymore, (to put it mildly),so we likely will be selling our rolling home and truck in the near future. We will be in a resort near Phoenix by October, and our daughter there can help us with our posting photos and such. Just want to thank those who helped us with my newbie questions for the past year and a half. Lots of learning for this old dog. You guys have been the best!!

jackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
So glad you were able to realize a nice dream and hopefully you had many wonderful memories!!

Let the good times roll! Laura & Tom

Let the good times roll!! Laura
Remax gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Dear Jackcat, of course you should do whatever you need to do for a happy future. If that means selling the Airstream, then I wish you a quick sale to a good new owner.

On the other hand, I still work, and am long unmarried, so as a single female it isn't easy to take long trips. I've found that there are dozens of wonderful places to visit and camp within 100 miles or less of my home base - and a few others under 300 miles from home. If that kind of radius is doable for you both consider it.

I highly recommend that you try to get MRS. Jackcat behind the wheel of the big truck and towing the Airstream. If that might result in murder consider contacting a truck driving school that runs a RV towing course. Many do. You could always rent a little utility trailer for your wife to start out with if she's fearful. You might also decide that shorter trips could mean a smaller trailer, and I'll bet there are dozens of people in forumland who might just want a bigger rig. Trade?? Why not?

You might be limited by needing to be near to a medical center, but in today's world you can have all of your medical records on a flash drive or a laptop... and you could travel farther than you think possible. That of course is between you and your doctor.

Doctors... Hmm. Well they give advice on how to keep your body going and going and going and going... But we are all really GOING to end some day.
I imagine going to room temperature in my Airstream might seriously impact it's resale value... but screw it, I won't be around to spend the money!

If traveling and camping will not be fun or comfortable, I hope you find a beautiful place to retire and enjoy. There are some beautiful places in Arizona and New Mexico. Happy trails and happy landings.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote