Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #41
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Pro, I hope you are feeling better. Someone on this forum once said, "You will either have a good time, or a good story." And it is possible to have both.

Why is it that men with "high foreheads" always seem to hit their heads more than others? (Speaking about Len.... )

On freezing temps when we're not dewinterized, our strategy is to:

1. Disconnect the outer lines.
2. Open cabinet doors that have pipes behind them.
3. Run the furnace on low, and just pile on extra clothes, bedding. This heats the trailer's underside.
4. You can also travel with a jug of light anti-freeze such as windshield washer fluid, and put some down the drains if wastewater freezing is a possibility.

Otherwise we do camp at the beginning and end of the shoulder seasons with a winterized Bambi-- with pipes blown out, &c. Lots of water jugs, and showers in a CG facility only. Manual flush. You can still put water down the drains with a chaser of windshield washer fluid.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #42
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
Why is it that men with "high foreheads" always seem to hit their heads more than others? (Speaking about Len.... )
I blame that last growth spurt that made me taller than my hair!