Old 10-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
banjobill

2000 30' Limited
battle ground, , Washington
it happened twice! in Albuquerque, NM

My mom's old rambler came back from Pilon's automotive with a fresh tune-up; too fresh apparently-I looked under the hood to find the timing light and dwell meter still attached...and then,

one day at Albuquerque DragWay, my buddy Mike, came back from a 1/4 mile run with his '64 GTO and promptly told us all it had a misfire-upon opening the hood, the timing light was still there as well as the distributor wrench...

Old 10-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Kinda reminds me of the old story about a fellow that had a neighbor that bought a new small import car and was bragging about it's anticipated fuel sipping characteristics...

The fellow sneaked over to his neighbors driveway every couple of evenings and added a gallon or two of fuel to the tank...it just drove the new car guy nuts till the fellow confessed...

Sure wish a neighbor would do that to our Excursion's 42 gallon tank once in a while!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Amazing story. I'm impressed.

I've occasionally found things in my trailer to be in locations other than where I left them. But once I left an empty plastic water tumbler on my vanity while I moved the trailer from one campground to another; it was still there when I arrived several hundred miles later. I figured it was elves.

And perhaps it was; I've also sometimes noticed upon unlocking the trailer, that my supplies of Scotch whisky, beer and wine all seem lower in quantity than I remember. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it was the elves!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
Kinda reminds me of the old story about a fellow that had a neighbor that bought a new small import car and was bragging about it's anticipated fuel sipping characteristics...

The fellow sneaked over to his neighbors driveway every couple of evenings and added a gallon or two of fuel to the tank...it just drove the new car guy nuts till the fellow confessed...

Sure wish a neighbor would do that to our Excursion's 42 gallon tank once in a while!
In the version I heard after putting up with the neighbors claims of fantanstic mpgs he then snuck over and started siphoning gas.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
1994 34' Excella
newark , New York
Unbelievable Avion smooth tow

Hi, After finding a 1968 28' Travelcader on Craigslist, we of course had to do a 'go see' and brought her home. On the kitchen counter was a plastic bear. I made sure that I took off the loose outside refridge vent ( heard horror stories of them falling off along the way). Bungie corded the main door shut and away we went. About 70 miles later over many BIG railroad
tracks and numerous curves... the Bear was still in it' place on the kitchen counter ! I know our Airstreams would have bucked it of after the 1st curve... Same tow vehicle 3/4 ton Duramax... So the big difference is the
Mohr- Smooth ride suspension. In our 1968 brochure they mention a test of taping a plastic bag with a raw egg to the back bumper Michigan to Miami. No breakage !!

I am very impresed with the Avion. Miss the 'Control panel' and other Airstream goodies, but a very well built trailer ! Last photo is of the bear who survived the trip NO water leaks

Did I mention that the outside was either a target for paint ball OR a flock of Gulls who ate a large quanity of mint chocolate chip ice cream and suffered from severe intestinal issues... Hope the before and after pictures come out. Many man hours of scraping.... Is there a better way to remove paint ball from the outside ( AND interior ??) Extremely sticky and baked on ....

Will add more later
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4158.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	104074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4206.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	104075  

Click image for larger version