Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan
Mr and Mrs S

Looks like I will have to put Rolandos on the aggenda next time I drive from Lynchburg, VA to Fort Worth to see my son. I passed through there Wed, but was already running behind and besides I did not know about Rolandos yet. But I do now! Thanks.

Dan
It's well worth the stop. I cook myself and I'm not a bad cook myself so I'm not easily impressed. This food is really good! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

The waitress told us they were just reviewed by Arkansas Times for there great food and great service.

Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #58

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs S View Post
Trying to make me reveal out secret.
On 1 left made of 25 in 2011.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353...ml#post1026288

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Home

Hey everyone, Sorry for being MIA for a couple of days now. Seems like around every corner something comes up. We got a call in the middle of the night about my a close family memeber that was having to be hospitalized so we jumped up and left out of AR in the middle of the night and made a mad dash back to Texas. The family member is going to be ok, but was in a life threating situation and at the time the outcome wasnt looking so good. But we are home now and things are starting to look better. Sorry Frenchy we didnt get to come visit you at Camp Richard but maybe we will be that way again soon and we can visit. We loved AR and we want to go back, maybe next time we go more things will be open and everyone wont be shut down preping for the horse races. Literally everywhere we went people were shut down and would tell us they are getting ready for race season. You folks in AR are serious about them pony races!
Well after 2600 mile logged its amazing how dirty your Airstream can get. I just got everything cleaned up on the inside and got the windows open letting the fresh air in and now I need to wash the outside but cant seem to gather the strength LOL!
It was a wonderful trip even with the hick-cups along the way and I cant wait to do it again.

Mrs. S and I have had several talks over dinner, breakfast, lunch, snacks and just about anytime in-between and we just have 34' foot fever. Mrs. S wants more room. So after several debates we have decided to list our beloved trailer that I have logged countless man hours working on for sale.
If you check the classifieds now you will see it there. Its a great unit for a newbie or a seasoned Airstreamer. Everything is in great working order and I think I just now got all the bugs worked out of it. I love it dearly and will hate to see it leave. But WE have the NEW fever! So if someone is intrested then dont hesitate to ask about it.
Anyhoo, I better get out there and washer her up, while the suns our and its not to cold. Till our next adventure. See ya around!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #60
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Glad you had a wonderful trip. Sounds like a great time, even with the hiccups.
Best of luck on selling your Excella. I saw your ad. I do suggest that you add a pic or two of the exterior.
Kinda funny that the two of you want more room and there were six of us in our 29'er for 10 days this summer. I guess when you have a truck that can pull anything....

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
1960 26' Overlander
1963 24' Tradewind
El Paso , Texas
Is there an Airstream bigger than a 34 footer?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #62
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top
Glad you had a wonderful trip. Sounds like a great time, even with the hiccups.
Best of luck on selling your Excella. I saw your ad. I do suggest that you add a pic or two of the exterior.
Kinda funny that the two of you want more room and there were six of us in our 29'er for 10 days this summer. I guess when you have a truck that can pull anything....
I sure do get ribbed on my truck a lot LOL! Guess I need something bigger so I know I'm actually towing something.
Top I've often thought about your family and how all of you stay in Abby, my hat comes off for you, I just don't see how you do it. For a short period there was only 4 of us and we all felt cramped. But we also had all our ski gear and that takes up loads of room!
Mrs.S will openly admit she over packs every time we go camping.
Then when it's just Mrs S and I with the dogs Zeus Man really seems to take up a lot of room.
I dunno, I guess it's what you make of it. I hate to sell, I just got everything fixed up, I was cleaning up the Airstream yesterday and stopped and thought to myself this camper is really nice. Guess it should be I've got countless hours working on it. But I've always envied the 34 footer.

I've got lots of photos, everyone usually likes to see lots of inside pics, if that catches there eye then they can contact me and I'll send them all the pics they want.
Wish I could load more on the classified, but that's all it would allow. It's not the easiest classified to use.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #63
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertair27
Is there an Airstream bigger than a 34 footer?
34 foot is the biggest unit that Airstream makes. They really don't make a lot of them anymore. Only 25 were built in 2011.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #64

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
If you want to make more photos available to prospective buyers, you can make a public album with one of the free photo sites (picasaweb, photobucket, flickr, etc.) and just put the URL that points to that album in the comments. (I'm guessing it's too late to include it in the text of the ad itself, but at least geeks like me who read all the comments would see it.) Then you can have as many photos as you want, and larger/higher quality images.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #65
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX
If you want to make more photos available to prospective buyers, you can make a public album with one of the free photo sites (picasaweb, photobucket, flickr, etc.) and just put the URL that points to that album in the comments. (I'm guessing it's too late to include it in the text of the ad itself, but at least geeks like me who read all the comments would see it.) Then you can have as many photos as you want, and larger/higher quality images.
Thanks for that tip. Don't know why I didn't think of that!