Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Hey everyone!

Well it's been a heck of a trip! The ski trip went great even though I ended up twisting my knee and not being able to ski the last day but we still had a great time.
A lots happened since then, when we got ready to leave Red River New Mexico we found that our furnace in our camper wouldn't work. So we canceled the tickets for my sisters flights and told them we would have to drive home. We couldn't continue or trip with a broken furnace right. Well not 45 minutes after we cancelled their flights I found out that the only thing wrong with the furnace was a loose connection at the circuit board. Some of those bumpy New Mexico roads must have cause a loose connection. Ok now the furnace is fixed we can rebook the flight tickets right. WRONG!
Everything was completely booked. So we had to cancel our White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, and Big Bend route to get my sister back home for work. Bummer!

So on Dec 31st we departed Red River and drove straight through to Tyler, TX... At that point I was a zombie. So we found a nice quiet little park in Tyler and spent 2 nights there charging our batteries. While we were there we for some reason decided to look at NEW RV's! Huge mistake! But that's another story.

So after we geared up and thought we were heading further south heading home I instead pointed us north and now we are sitting by the water on Lake Catherine in Hot Springs, Arkansas. How we ended up here we have no idea. But it's a nice and quiet place. ( when the geese aren't surrounding our trailer)

The trailer has been doing great. We've logged 47 hours drive time and just under 2500 miles on the road since leaving our home base.

Like I said we looked at new RVs and now we have the new RV bug. We are thinking of upgrading to a newer bigger unit. I know some of think I'm crazy after all the work I've done to our current unit. We are thinking of selling. So if you or someone you know is looking I've got a great ready to go unit that someone can continue to love. I'll make a great deal on it.
But if it doesn't sell we will continue loving and traveling in it.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Which unit do you have your eye on?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict
Which unit do you have your eye on?
Trying to make me reveal out secret.
On 1 left made of 25 in 2011.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Scranton , Arkansas
Hot Springs is only 100 miles from Camp Richard. Promise not to steal ZUESS. Frenchy
L.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C.
Hot Springs is only 100 miles from Camp Richard. Promise not to steal ZUESS. Frenchy
You almost got him to load up and go home with you in Texas, I'm sure your charming powers are much stronger on your home turf.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #46

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
So what's the deal? You need a bigger trailer so you can tell something's hitched to your truck without checking your mirrors?

Only 25 made in 2011... hmm... did they make any 34-footers in 2011?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Here is a few pics from today's hike at Lake Catherine State Park.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-880374215.png
Views:	130
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	148344

Name:	image-2904337472.png
Views:	122
Size:	892.9 KB
ID:	148345

Name:	image-3338111539.png
Views:	115
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	148346

Name:	image-2049526755.png
Views:	115
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	148347

Name:	image-3799732662.png
Views:	126
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	148348
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Scranton , Arkansas
i Offer stands. Opps my fingers may be crossed about my buddy ZUESS. Come if you can,weather great for a boat ride. Frenchy
Old 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX
So what's the deal? You need a bigger trailer so you can tell something's hitched to your truck without checking your mirrors?

Only 25 made in 2011... hmm... did they make any 34-footers in 2011?
Lol we have found that our Dodge isn't in any strain pulling out Airstream. I've often forgot it was behind us usually on interstates and while switching lanes resulting in lots of honking and the always friendly one finger salute. Whoops!

Your hot enough on the trail that you should feel the heat from where your sitting. Only one left!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C.
i Offer stands. Opps my fingers may be crossed about my buddy ZUESS. Come if you can,weather great for a boat ride. Frenchy
Thanks Frenchy, we may just do that. We are here for a few more days. I'll be sure to let you know. I believe Camp Richard only requires a 5 minute notice if memory serves me correct.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #51
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Cool pics. Looks like a fun trip. Be even better with a stop at camp Richard! Happy traveling'!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Scranton , Arkansas
3 to 5 min. will do. Frenchy
Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Had a pretty good time in Hot Springs today. We went down town to try out the hot springs bath but all the bath houses are closed but one. Mrs. S said no way, it was old and smelled funny. Felt like we where standing in an insane asylum. Not that I'd know what it feels like to stand in one of those.
So after being bummed out about that we decided to eat somewhere.
We scored big there! We ate at Rolando's Nuevo Latino Restaurante. It was the best Mexican food Ive ever eaten.
If your ever in Hot Springs this is a must stop!

Name:	image-2309588430.png
Views:	117
Size:	746.3 KB
ID:	148431

Name:	image-2089620664.png
Views:	106
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	148432

Name:	image-3910416647.png
Views:	133
Size:	937.8 KB
ID:	148433
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Sorry for the poor quality food pic, here's the better one.

Name:	image-662869333.png
Views:	128
Size:	872.9 KB
ID:	148434

Might just have to go back tomorrow. Just lookin at the photo is making me Hungry!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs S View Post
Uh oh...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Mr and Mrs S

Looks like I will have to put Rolandos on the aggenda next time I drive from Lynchburg, VA to Fort Worth to see my son. I passed through there Wed, but was already running behind and besides I did not know about Rolandos yet. But I do now! Thanks.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan
Mr and Mrs S

Looks like I will have to put Rolandos on the aggenda next time I drive from Lynchburg, VA to Fort Worth to see my son. I passed through there Wed, but was already running behind and besides I did not know about Rolandos yet. But I do now! Thanks.

Dan
It's well worth the stop. I cook myself and I'm not a bad cook myself so I'm not easily impressed. This food is really good! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

The waitress told us they were just reviewed by Arkansas Times for there great food and great service.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs S View Post
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353...ml#post1026288

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Home

Hey everyone, Sorry for being MIA for a couple of days now. Seems like around every corner something comes up. We got a call in the middle of the night about my a close family memeber that was having to be hospitalized so we jumped up and left out of AR in the middle of the night and made a mad dash back to Texas. The family member is going to be ok, but was in a life threating situation and at the time the outcome wasnt looking so good. But we are home now and things are starting to look better. Sorry Frenchy we didnt get to come visit you at Camp Richard but maybe we will be that way again soon and we can visit. We loved AR and we want to go back, maybe next time we go more things will be open and everyone wont be shut down preping for the horse races. Literally everywhere we went people were shut down and would tell us they are getting ready for race season. You folks in AR are serious about them pony races!
Well after 2600 mile logged its amazing how dirty your Airstream can get. I just got everything cleaned up on the inside and got the windows open letting the fresh air in and now I need to wash the outside but cant seem to gather the strength LOL!
It was a wonderful trip even with the hick-cups along the way and I cant wait to do it again.

Mrs. S and I have had several talks over dinner, breakfast, lunch, snacks and just about anytime in-between and we just have 34' foot fever. Mrs. S wants more room. So after several debates we have decided to list our beloved trailer that I have logged countless man hours working on for sale.
If you check the classifieds now you will see it there. Its a great unit for a newbie or a seasoned Airstreamer. Everything is in great working order and I think I just now got all the bugs worked out of it. I love it dearly and will hate to see it leave. But WE have the NEW fever! So if someone is intrested then dont hesitate to ask about it.
Anyhoo, I better get out there and washer her up, while the suns our and its not to cold. Till our next adventure. See ya around!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #60
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Glad you had a wonderful trip. Sounds like a great time, even with the hiccups.
Best of luck on selling your Excella. I saw your ad. I do suggest that you add a pic or two of the exterior.
Kinda funny that the two of you want more room and there were six of us in our 29'er for 10 days this summer. I guess when you have a truck that can pull anything....

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote