Old 11-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
Sounds like a great trip. Have fun. I'm sure he'll hold up fine. Can't wait for us to have the chance to have a big trip like that.

Well com'on and go with us! Nothing like traveling in a convoy of silver!

We are always looking for silver along the way!

Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
I wish I could.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict
I wish I could.
Nothing like having to pull the entire bathroom out two nights before our trip. Yep, I am currently watching Mr.S fix a water leak on the hot water heater. I would have opted for a cold shower before I dug into this rats nest! Oh well, at least he's fixing it
Ps. We almost didn't even make the trip due to a 4 hour search for the airstream keys and every other important key we need. Turns out, they were on the ROOF of the airstream! Don't ask people. Sigh...what a day.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
I gotta ask. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs S

Nothing like having to pull the entire bathroom out two nights before our trip. Yep, I am currently watching Mr.S fix a water leak on the hot water heater. I would have opted for a cold shower before I dug into this rats nest! Oh well, at least he's fixing it
Ps. We almost didn't even make the trip due to a 4 hour search for the airstream keys and every other important key we need. Turns out, they were on the ROOF of the airstream! Don't ask people. Sigh...what a day.
Ok. That's hilarious (the key part at least). I can honestly say that if I lost my airstream keys, I would absolutely never check the roof of it. I can imagine the frustration but I can't help but find a great deal of humor in that.

Now the hot water leak on the other hand, not funny. The timing on that is bad. Good luck getting it fixed and back together. Hope you guys enjoy your trip. I'm pretty envious.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Scranton , Arkansas
camp richard has best rates in arkansas and comes with 2 boats and hook ups. frenchy
Old 12-26-2011, 05:28 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
The real deal

Well I see Mrs. S has been on here posting our troubles...

Now the rest of the story......

Well I know Ive been pretty quiet on here for several weeks now. I had to come home early from Viet Nam for a death in the family which always puts a dampner on the Xmas holidays. Ive lost both of my Grandfathers just before the Xmas holidays (different years).
While we were morning over that, at the same time we were trying to get ready for our big trip. We were dragging our feet big time do to everything else going on. Then I discovered the leak on our hot water heater and spent one whole night tearing out the bathroom walls and counters to get to the water heater. That was a huge ordeal! But I got her fixed. Mrs. S kept saying " Ill take a cold shower" Well I WONT!

Ok the keys, Im sure everyone is wondering about the keys and how they got on the roof.
I was sealing up the vent on the cook top stove early that day and after I filled our fresh water tank the ladder was still there so I climb up to take a look at my seal job to make sure it was dry and for some reason I set the keys on the roof on the awning. Dont ask me why, I guess I just had to much on my mind. Hours and hours later and a full blown search party and I finally found them. On the roof

Anyhoo, now for some good things, Santa was good to us, he brought us to shiny new Zip Dee chairs, two Airstream mugs, and a LED upgrade kit for the Airstream. I installed the LED's and man they look great and WOW at the difference.

Last night we departed our home town and we just boondocked outside my sisters house in Tyler, Texas. There going on the ski trip with us.
So now Im craving my first cup of coffee and trying to get the folks moving so we can get on the road. We got many miles to make today.
Hopefully we will at least get into New Mexico.

I better get them moving....Hope everyone had a Merry Chirstmas.
Ill be in touch soon.

Mr. S
Old 12-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #36
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Sorry for your family's loss Mr. S. Glad you got your leaks fixed and are on the road. Have a fun trip!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
1960 26' Overlander
1963 24' Tradewind
El Paso , Texas
Love the bicycle and your thread. You might try lowering the nose of the saddle,should be more comfy.just my opinion.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #38
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Ok everyone we made it to Red River New Mexico! I ended up driving straight through from Tyler Texas, so that explains why I didn't post yesterday, I was dead to the world most of the day.
So Santa forgot to get me my IPad for Xmas. But my loving Mrs. S picked me one up along the way so that's what I'm using now.
Pretty Netto!
I know I'm slacking in the picture department lately, I promise to do better.

Guess I better get some breakfast, today's the big day for the slopes!

To be continued.......
Old 12-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #39
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top
Sorry for your family's loss Mr. S. Glad you got your leaks fixed and are on the road. Have a fun trip!
Thanks Top, he will be missed always.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #40
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertair27
Love the bicycle and your thread. You might try lowering the nose of the saddle,should be more comfy.just my opinion.
Glad you enjoy our thread & thanks for the tip on my cruiser I'll give it a try!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Hey everyone!

Well it's been a heck of a trip! The ski trip went great even though I ended up twisting my knee and not being able to ski the last day but we still had a great time.
A lots happened since then, when we got ready to leave Red River New Mexico we found that our furnace in our camper wouldn't work. So we canceled the tickets for my sisters flights and told them we would have to drive home. We couldn't continue or trip with a broken furnace right. Well not 45 minutes after we cancelled their flights I found out that the only thing wrong with the furnace was a loose connection at the circuit board. Some of those bumpy New Mexico roads must have cause a loose connection. Ok now the furnace is fixed we can rebook the flight tickets right. WRONG!
Everything was completely booked. So we had to cancel our White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, and Big Bend route to get my sister back home for work. Bummer!

So on Dec 31st we departed Red River and drove straight through to Tyler, TX... At that point I was a zombie. So we found a nice quiet little park in Tyler and spent 2 nights there charging our batteries. While we were there we for some reason decided to look at NEW RV's! Huge mistake! But that's another story.

So after we geared up and thought we were heading further south heading home I instead pointed us north and now we are sitting by the water on Lake Catherine in Hot Springs, Arkansas. How we ended up here we have no idea. But it's a nice and quiet place. ( when the geese aren't surrounding our trailer)

The trailer has been doing great. We've logged 47 hours drive time and just under 2500 miles on the road since leaving our home base.

Like I said we looked at new RVs and now we have the new RV bug. We are thinking of upgrading to a newer bigger unit. I know some of think I'm crazy after all the work I've done to our current unit. We are thinking of selling. So if you or someone you know is looking I've got a great ready to go unit that someone can continue to love. I'll make a great deal on it.
But if it doesn't sell we will continue loving and traveling in it.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Which unit do you have your eye on?