2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Enjoy your new adventures!

Old 09-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
Euless , Texas
Thanks

Just a quick note of thanks. I recall Jammer as one of my learning posts when I restored a 1970 ambassador back in 2009-2011. I was thankful for your shared knowledge and wish you the best in your future

tx70amb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
CORDOVA , TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyRun View Post
The kids growing up is probably the hardest thing (well, and best too.) Their interests begin to diverge, they don't like sharing the big front dinette/bed anymore, the excitement of new campgrounds wears off after we visit again and again... (From Miami, you have to go a LONG way to get out of Florida. And the Reserve America website is completely hacked for Florida campgrounds even if you try to book 11.4999999 months in advance. Shouldn't Florida State Parks save A FEW sites for late booking by Florida residents who pay for the parks? But I digress...}
So it comes down to a question of whether you can hold onto the AS long enough to get at least one kid off to college or wherever, and start enjoying longer sojourns with your honey. The Overlander is pretty sweet for 2-3 people. Jury still out here. Maybe sell and buy another in 5 years. We will wait and see this season and revisit next year.
I have a 68 overlander also......welove that thing...
We bought ours after the kids were all gone, and there was finally time for us to do some things just for us. So the dynamic is a little different, but one day, we will be too old to keep traveling, and it will find a new home.....but in my case, I know one of my kids will want it....they all like to camp, and camping does not get any better than in a vintage Airstream !
Find a way to enjoy life and have fun, every day !
mkcurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #32

Currently Looking...
Brookeville , Maryland
One does wonder why some posters stop posting. For me it was the security change using e-mail instead of user name. For some reason it changed my user name from streaminwild to streamin72. With my limited computer skills I have no idea how to fix this...so I stopped posting.
streamin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
We can surely sympathize with your decision to leave RV'ing. While we have only had an Airstream for 5yrs, we have been RV'ing for 30yrs and things have changed. The world isn't so friendly anymore, between climate change, politics, generational friction (boomer/genX'r), etc, etc. RV'ing isn't as relaxing/carefree as it once "seemed" to be. We do it still, so our youngest (2yrs old) will get to see our country's natural/man-made wonders and historical sites (while they still are allowed to exist). We are fortunate as to not have to worry about the deprecation of our AS (1989 Excella) since we bought it near the bottom of its depreciation cycle, lol. When the time comes, our AS will not be sold, but moved to a "legacy" site on our property that we are developing to preserve the essence of RV'ing(to us). While our site will have full hook-ups, it currently has privacy, orchards, streams/hiking trails, a stocked water body, a fire ring, play area and pavilion. This is for our family and future generations to enjoy what RV'ing may (or may not) be allowed to be in the future. All this in an AS that itself is a piece of history and for an initial combined 2012 price (the AS, home and 20acres of land) for less than a 2020 30' AS Classic!! Good luck and safe travels, Jim and Gretchen
MAJORJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Point of order...…….. your journey isn't over. You've just changed the mode of travel.

Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote