Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
History...Bah! Humbug!

Let's not go all historic! If you are going to be in Mass. Think about Salem, Ma. and the Puritan witch trials. Loads of museums and sites in the area and not to far from Plymouth Rock! Colonial battle sites like Breeds hill and Bunker Hill lots of other places to see and check out in Boston too! Paaark the Caaar! Happy Trails, Ed

FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #100
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Uhm, Ed, those are all place of historical significants. It is kind of hard to avoid history even when trying to just see the sights.
The Kelly's are passing through Baltimore very soon to have some axles swapped out on their trailer. When they do, I promise to send them off on a tour where the history is balanced out with some pure fun. I however, find history to be highly stimulating. Maybe they can go fly kites at Fort Mc Henry. Fun at the site where the Star Spangled Banner was written, learning and fun all in one visit. Being from far from the sea, I think they will need to visit one of our downtown markets and sample some crab cakes, soft crab sandwiches or some Lake Trout. Perhaps they will be more into BBQ(coming from where BBQ is king) and I will have to send them for some Pit Beef(darn, now I am hungry and it is just breakfast time). They could also go visit the Aquarium or the Science Center. Does science count as learning when history is the objective?

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #101
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Uhm, Ed, those are all place of historical significants. It is kind of hard to avoid history even when trying to just see the sights.
The Kelly's are passing through Baltimore very soon to have some axles swapped out on their trailer. When they do, I promise to send them off on a tour where the history is balanced out with some pure fun. I however, find history to be highly stimulating. Maybe they can go fly kites at Fort Mc Henry. Fun at the site where the Star Spangled Banner was written, learning and fun all in one visit. Being from far from the sea, I think they will need to visit one of our downtown markets and sample some crab cakes, soft crab sandwiches or some Lake Trout. Perhaps they will be more into BBQ(coming from where BBQ is king) and I will have to send them for some Pit Beef(darn, now I am hungry and it is just breakfast time). They could also go visit the Aquarium or the Science Center. Does science count as learning when history is the objective?
Does anyone know of a good doggie daycare in Baltimore?

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #102
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Frank:

Wow! We will have to make a trip to Baltimore. I am all up for some cooked crabs. Sounds like a fun place.

Brian
Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #103
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
I second the Gettysburg recommendation. I'd also add Thomas Jefferson's homestead on the Potomac River in VA to your list. It's just outside of DC.

Sounds like a fun trip! I like your Dane. We had one too - his name was Bongo. Hence my AS forum "handle"...

Sandy
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #104
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
The History Channel...

Uhm Frank, I was just tryin' to lighten up the posts a little! I know the trials were historic. Heck I had relatives in the colonies back then. If they hadn't hidden they too might've been "pressed"! But I won't get any hexes out of the ol' spells book if you disagree with my funnin'! Gave them something else to think of looking at in the process. Just look after their axles and there will be no need to dunk you guys! LOL! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #105
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Haven't read all the post so if I duplicate something I apologize

1. Great Smoky Mountains in TN/NC - especially Cades Cove, Newfound Gap and the Gatlinburg area. Yes some parts very touristy but the mountains are awesome.

2. Chattanooga TN including Chickamauga Battlefield and the battles in and around Chattanooga. Chattanooga has a really nice riverfront area including Imax, aquarium, minor league baseball, Rock City and the bluff view arts district.

3. From Chattanooga you can follow Sherman's march to the sea (Savanah).

Happy Streaming!

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #106
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Charm City Dogs | Doggie Daycare*|*Dog Daycare, Dog Grooming, Dog Training, Baltimore MD
Baltimore Dog Spa
SoBo Dog Daycare

@ Brian... please come. Baltimore has a great deal to offer the casual or serious tourist.

@Ed... Keep those hexes to yourself. Here in Maryland we never had any witch trials. History is thick here however. The Colonial period and the Federal period are very well represented here as things to explore. My favorite spot to see in Baltimore is Fort Mc Henry. Most of the tourists seem to go else where and the views are spectacular there. We have a very active sea port and watching the ships coming and going is kind of cool too.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #107
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Charm City Dogs | Doggie Daycare*|*Dog Daycare, Dog Grooming, Dog Training, Baltimore MD
Baltimore Dog Spa
SoBo Dog Daycare

@ Brian... please come. Baltimore has a great deal to offer the casual or serious tourist.

@Ed... Keep those hexes to yourself. Here in Maryland we never had any witch trials. History is thick here however. The Colonial period and the Federal period are very well represented here as things to explore. My favorite spot to see in Baltimore is Fort Mc Henry. Most of the tourists seem to go else where and the views are spectacular there. We have a very active sea port and watching the ships coming and going is kind of cool too.
Thanks Frank. I am checking into availability.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #108
4 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Wow, an awesome trip! In PA there is Valley Forge, not too far off of the Interstate. In DC Arlington Cemetery is a good stop as well. Have you considered any of the Presidential Libraries?

Good Luck in the rest of yourtrip
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I can't remember if I posted the RV place we stayed when we were in Gettysburg. We really want to go back there and camp. We really enjoyed it plus we were only about 10 minutes from the town of Gettysburg.

Granite Hill Camping Resort Photo Gallery

Brian
Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #110
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorian
Frank:

Wow! We will have to make a trip to Baltimore. I am all up for some cooked crabs. Sounds like a fun place.

Brian
Spiced crabs?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #111
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Like this...
Click image for larger version

Name:	426082_2801330435475_1324994094_32148732_1075709127_n.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	157358
Not my photo, but the essence of how it's done in Maryland. I think the "spiced crabs" you refer to is the Old Bay seasoning we steam them with.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #112
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Got our dogs booked into the doggy daycare, but don't worry Frank we will let you meet the Dane!

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
history, planning