Old 04-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Exceeded upload quata??

We made Santa Elena Canyon and the Basin yesterday, and I went back into Terlingua. I tried to upload, but I received an error message saying that I have exceeded my quota. Do any of y'all have any suggestions on what I need to do.

___________Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream 1529
We made Santa Elena Canyon and the Basin yesterday, and I went back into Terlingua. I tried to upload, but I received an error message saying that I have exceeded my quota. Do any of y'all have any suggestions on what I need to do.

___________Tom
I'd go for the Enhanced account:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f318...tml#post208583

Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream 1529

___________Tom
You might try hosting them on photobucket.com and copy pasting them to here.

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Bake315 said "Considering how much little villages like Santa Elena depend on the few dollars they can get from folks like us who have made the trip, you know that the current state of things has got to be hurting them a little."

We stayed at the RV park at Lajitas a few years ago. Quite nice, full hookups, a pool, etc., but they were not watering the trees or grass, didn't really want RV customers. I guess we were seen as not up-market enough. Truth is "they" (a Mr. Smith of Austin) was far too narrow in his vision of customers, thus his bankrupcy & loss of the development.

A friend working there said many of not most of the little villages on the Mexican side of the river in that area are now ghost towns. Another victim of Osama's madness.

But the view of the night time sky made the long pull out there really worth it.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitsend
Bake315 said "Considering how much little villages like Santa Elena depend on the few dollars they can get from folks like us who have made the trip, you know that the current state of things has got to be hurting them a little."

We stayed at the RV park at Lajitas a few years ago. Quite nice, full hookups, a pool, etc., but they were not watering the trees or grass, didn't really want RV customers. I guess we were seen as not up-market enough. Truth is "they" (a Mr. Smith of Austin) was far too narrow in his vision of customers, thus his bankrupcy & loss of the development.

A friend working there said many of not most of the little villages on the Mexican side of the river in that area are now ghost towns. Another victim of Osama's madness.

But the view of the night time sky made the long pull out there really worth it.
When we were down there two summers ago, we made a Ft. Davis/Lajitas/Big Bend/Marathon loop. As we were driving through Lajitas we wondered aloud what the bleep Mr. Smith was thinking, and now that he's unloaded it for a fraction of his original investment, it's all too apparent that whatever thinking that took place was less than shrewd. The one thing that would make that place successful just does not exist - plentiful groundwater. There is some, but there would never be enough, and there isn't enough justification to pipe it in over hundreds of miles of desert.

Heck, I'm glad I was able to find fuel at Study Butte, because we'd have been SOL, otherwise.

I'm not surprised that those little border towns are going/have gone ghost - Even when I was there back in '91 they seemed to be barely clinging to life.

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Big Bend

Here are some pics I've figured out how to post.

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...3/DSC_0024.JPG

Chisos Basin Window taken from the Lodge patio.

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...3/DSC_0018.JPG

Desert blooms along the Rio Grande.

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...3/DSC_0009.JPG

Shady camping site.

Blooms near Santa Elena canyon.

I'll post more in another post when the temp gets to around 90.

_________Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote