Old 09-10-2016, 08:11 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by interstateflyer View Post
and.....don'y you dare try to bring firewood into the States. US Border guys/gals will provide a wheel barrow to roll it back into Canada.
Yes, that goes both ways and is something we're often asked when crossing the border with the trailer. We do bring firewood in the US and declare it if asked, but it's all scraps from woodworking projects in my workshop. They've never asked to see it or had further questions when I tell them that.

1946 Spartan Manor
1954 Va-Ka-Shun-Ette
1964 Overlander
1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper
1974 Sovereign
2005 F-350 SRW 4x4 crew cab long box
TAC ON-5
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #30
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsonOverlander View Post
Yes, that goes both ways and is something we're often asked when crossing the border with the trailer. We do bring firewood in the US and declare it if asked, but it's all scraps from woodworking projects in my workshop. They've never asked to see it or had further questions when I tell them that.
Very true, as kiln drying any wood kills off any bugs, so many parks or places will accept woodshop scraps for firewood. Firewood okay, just not firearms.

Cheers
Tony

ďItís a recession when your neighbor loses his job; itís a depression when you lose your own.Ē "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
It's free speech here as well, but just remember that free speech can have consequences. Canada is not the same as the USA and it's best to remember that.
OH am well reminded I am married to a Canadian.
and I did live there for awhile.
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #32
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Everyone is missing the irony that these guys were from TEXAS. Talk about STEREOTYPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. View Post
"One of my personal business ideas is going to offer FFL transfer from Whitefish to another location in Alaska
What I do know is only an FFL dealer can easily send your gun from here to there."

I think this idea will only work with long guns. I know that a resident of one state cannot receive a handgun from a ffl in another state. If you buy a handgun you have to have it shipped to a ffl in your home state and prove residence when you do the transfer. You can go to Alaska and buy a long gun from a ffl, but not person to person. Not sure you can sell it though. Maybe to a ffl but certainly not a person to person sale. You can not go to Alaska and buy a handgun unless you are a resident of Alaska.

What I do not know is if there is any way to ship a handgun to yourself in another state and then go pick it up?? Or ship it to a third party non ffl and then pick it up? I doubt that you can do either though.

I winter in Fl and sometimes go to the gun shows. But the only way I can actually buy something is to buy a long gun from a ffl or buy a handgun from a ffl and have it transferred to a ffl in my home state who then can transfer it to me. I am not sure all states even allow the long gun purchase but I know many do.
Shipping and buying are two different things. But only someone with an FFL can ship a weapon from my understanding. You yourself can't place a gun in the mail.

I know there are services, at least this was my understanding. I haven't researched it extensively. But I do talk to enough full timers, and we all think, wouldn't that be nice. Just an idea for now.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sneedville , Tennessee
I had to send my gun back to the factory for a recall fix. They sent me a FedEx label along with packaging instructions. A few weeks later it was returned the same way (fixed and all shiny clean).