Old 08-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member
1958 22' Caravanner
Valdosta , Georgia
Anastasia State Park, centrally located to Downtown St. Augustine (about 10 minutes over the bridge of lions) You can go down to the beach and watch the sunrise, something me and the wife did at least 3 times while camping there. But you need to be careful, because it looks like the State of Florida effectively doubled the amount of spaces in their campgrounds, but splitting the sites. Now, there are full length sites as well as half sites literally side by side. Only being separated by a small wood fence. So you really get to know your neighbor. The only other thing I can say about the campgrounds is the sand. Its everywhere and so fine that no matter what you do, you tend to track into the camper. Even with the outdoor carpet out, we still tracked it. Anyways, I would highly recommend going to that park, there is a great Spanish quarry trail with the history of St. Augustine entwined in it. I highly recommend it.

AirAbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I often stay at Anastasia SP. This July ('15) I was in a different loop than previous trips and did not like it as well. It needed to be leveled and filled a bit. The rain left my truck in a pool of standing water- sea urchin loop. All other times have been great.

2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)