Old 12-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #15
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
stained glass look

Wasn't sure if I should add this here, but when Stephanie put in the last post about using her stained glass paint, I thought it might give others here some Christmas wish list ideas. We saw this listed in an RV mag. and thought what a cool idea for our bathroom window for privacy, yet not block sun. What do you think?

stained glass look

It is like a window cling, but with a special adhesive (can still be taken down & back up). Costs under $100., depending on size, can be pretty inexpensive. They have many different looks and are running a holiday sale right now. Just food for thought. Leigh

Old 12-17-2003, 03:48 PM   #16

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
That's really cute. I think something like that would look pretty good in the bathroom window. In fact didn't Brett & Edie do that in their motorhome?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:10 PM   #17
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Steph,

Yes we did. It was available at Home depot for less than 20 bucks. There was enough to do the window, but for a big rear window you might need 2.

Here is a link to many types/choices.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/s...textsearched=2

Have fun!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:16 AM   #18
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Brett - was it the vinyl cling material that was at Home Depot? Did they have the stained glass paint too? I'm not the best artist in the house, but Price has done some stained glass in the past. Hmmmm..gonna think about this. Leigh
Old 12-18-2003, 09:29 AM   #19
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Home Depot had just the cling. The ting I like about the cling is that it is easily removable. If we want to change the look in the bathroom we just peel it off and apply something new.

The paint would be available at a Michaels craft store, or something like that.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:58 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
If you go to the Home Depot web site and enter "Artscape" in the search box, you can see some of the designs we had to choose from there.

I think if you purchased one with an omnidirectional pattern, you might be able to do a large bathroom window. They are 24" x 36". The directions say that you can combine them to cover a larger window, so the pattern must match up on the edges.

The physical stores may have a larger selection of patterns. The pattern we chose is not currently shown on the web site.

I posted a photo of ours that I took at night in the Adventures of Brett and Edie III thread. It was posted on 10/20/03 and is currently toward the end of the thread.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:38 PM   #21
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
???

Hey Edie - I went to your adventures thread and the one picture that didn't show up was the stained glass one??? Had one of those funky red x's in there like happens to me sometimes after I have posted a pic and people comment on it and then, puff, it disappears!!! I like the idea of saving money if I can get a pattern and do myself. Have to see about total cost of supplies. We don't have a real big window in our rear bath. The site I was on yesterday - Two Partners and a Dream - was having a holiday sale thru Dec.31 and they estimated our cost to do might be around $40. Thanks for the info. Would love to see the pic of yours - you sure have been busy!!! Leigh
Old 12-18-2003, 03:02 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Hmm...

Leigh, the photo shows up fine when I go to the thread. Maybe try it again after you've shut down your computer and restarted it?

Has anyone else tried to view the bathroom window and had trouble?