Old 08-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #29
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs down Stereo-type

I can't..I still use just one hand.

This Royal with the TV attached still has me all confused.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Silverhobby, that is just too funny! I could use some "Happycamper" right about now, as my rum&coke just isn't cutting the mustard

And Moosetags, the Milwaukee's Best, i used to drink that in college. We called it "The Beast!" Now I use "The Beast" to boil shrimp in, and of course the chef has to have a few (I generally get the 30-pack block when doing shrimp....only need 25 or so). I haven't heard of too many others imbibing that fine brew. Glad to know we're of kindred spirit I usually avoid bier because I feel guilty about the calories, but when I cut loose (like last week while on vac) I now go for Bud, Busch, or Becks / St. Pauly Girl.

Ah what the hay, when you're on vacation, as long as it's cold, it's all good!

Well you all have a good night now!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Polk City , Iowa
Since I'm still working on mine to get it campsite ready, I'm still drinking beer. I'll have plenty of time for wine when celebrating the first outing. I'd break a bottle on the the rig but the aluminum is pretty thin. Dress for comfort, drink what you want, listen to what makes you happy. The Airstream speaks for itself.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #32
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahgoldrup View Post
This is awesome! When traveling with our Bambi, we can't resist washing it at the campground so it stays nice and shiney! The last trip in it, we made cosmopolitans and drank them from martini glasses while washing and drying off the trailer... I do try and iron a few shirts before we go camping, you just gotta try and look good with these trailers!!
Absolutely,
Seems like you got the idea!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Houston Texas , Texas
Oh yeah...

Oh yeah, with all of this talk about thread counts on bed sheets....I may be too uppitty for Airforums!!! Ha, take that!!

Na, at some campgrounds in Colorado my 05 Airstream cost less than some of the toad vehicles behind big Motorhomes. They look at me like I am whitetrash with kids and a Suburban.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
SS,

You are so right. When I'm out there with the speed wrench putting down the stabilizers, the guy in the Prevost across from me looks at me like I'm some kind of troglydyte humunculus (in English that's a cave dwelling short stature human....). He pulls in an pushes a button, and ouila! Instant setup.

But, I've gotten many a compliment from owners of $400K class A's and so forth on the old silver girl. Makes me feel good when I know their rig cost 30 times what mine did . As much as I'd like a Prevost 45 footer, I don't think they're having 30 times as much fun as me!

Silver rules!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Airstream stereo type?

Hi, when asked "what are you doing?" while cranking down my stabilizers, [if you are under 50 years old, you might not understand this] I tell them I'm trying to start my generator. My bed sheets are 500 thread count, 250 each. [I had to count them several times to verify it] My wife won't let me go shirt-less; She doesn't want anyone to see my rock hard six pack. [covered with 15 lbs of premium fat]

Please note: The above statements are all fiction, except, maybe, the six pack.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #36
Beneath the title

2005 28' International CCD
Mount Pleasant , South Carolina
[quote=JimGolden;601576]Hi gang!

Around him is the sea of canvas and white boxes with bare bellied visigoths wearing only swimming trunks and swilling beer, while the one "man of taste" sat there with his pinky out, sipping wine from his crystal goblet.

That was beautiful. The language is not dead

Aunt Gladys, 28FT, Intl'
"Man, it's hot here, is the heat on?"
jnerges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariSS View Post
Na, at some campgrounds in Colorado my 05 Airstream cost less than some of the toad vehicles behind big Motorhomes.
That rings true. We were at a campground in Golden, Colo., built on a hill and towering above was a giant RV. It was raining so hard I don't even know if it was a block long 5th wheel or a MoHo built on a bus chassis. There was another one on the other side. It seemed like 75% or more of the RV's were that big. I comfort myself knowing they have a really hard time getting into the spaces.

Stereotypes are fun sometimes, but there are so many exceptions that relying on them is a mistake. Nonetheless, one time we were at Bryce Canyon NP and different groups arrived by bus. The Japanese (all men) were dressed somewhat formally and had one or more cameras; the British were polite, neat and quietly enjoyed everything; the Italians were laughing and running around in complete disarray, and the French looked sour. I couldn't have imagined such a collection of stereotypes all converging in southern Utah at once. I'm sure if we met individuals in those groups, we'd find them to me more like us than not.

I guess it's time to have a handcrafted beer on my replica mission oak sofa and watch my Sony HDTV while reading Fine Homebuilding.

Gene
Old 08-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #38
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariSS View Post
Na, at some campgrounds in Colorado my 05 Airstream cost less than some of the toad vehicles behind big Motorhomes. They look at me like I am whitetrash with kids and a Suburban.
Been there felt that.

We were feeling a little superior back in "95" with our brand new Burb pulling our "63" Safari. Until a Prevost with a toad pulled in next to us.
Yep...that toad was also a brand new Burb.

Take that you little Airstream

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
scappoose , Oregon
Like I always say; You can't be "trailer trash", when you'r in an Airstream.