Old 03-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Interesting. I guess some want to be a big fish in a little pond rather than just one of the fishes in a big pond. Like you said, to each his own! Peace,jim

avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
Well, our first choice is the ONLY fish in any pond. Big or small. But, look at it this way. I won't be in there taking up your patch of gravel.

Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2013 25' Flying Cloud
2008 30' Classic
Away from , North Carolina
Interesting that it took mrprez a dozen times at staying there to decide that mrprez did not like it.

To the everything else on these forums, best to decide for yourself.

As for us, it is a great place to stay. We were there were a week plus and the hiking is great.
Jeanne and John, and always with us...Jake
2008 30' Classic Ltd Rear twin, 2014 Ford Super Duty
WBCCI 3100, unit 12, TAC USA-1, Escapees 129379
SilverEagle6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
It didn't take a dozen times for me to decide, after we bought the AS and went by there on a trip to Ga, that was when I decided I didn't want to stay there. I didn't even care about the place until we got our AS. Before that I hiked and rode motorcycles up in that area. What do you care anyway?
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #19
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
I've never been. But when the WBCCI 2016 International rally is held in Lewisburg, I'll probably stop at Top of Georgia either on my way there or on my way home. Even if turns out to be just a patch of pavement too close to the highway, it's still got to be better than a KoA for a short stay before moving on. And if I like TOG for an overnight, then I'll possibly consider it as a possible destination for a different trip rather than just an en route waypoint.

Mrprez is entitled to his own opinion, as are we all, and he's entitled to share that opinion with the rest of the class and to defend his opinion against naysayers. But in the end, it's still just a personal opinion. And as standard disclaimer #3 says, "The opinions of any given individual do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the group as a whole." Unless of course he's secretly Rush Limbaugh with a whole horde of listeners who chime in with "Ditto" whenever he pontificates…
WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:59 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
2002 19' Bambi
Bowdon , Georgia
Seeing all the Airstreams at top of GA is when I decided that one day I would have one...and now many years later I do and can't wait to take the Bambi up for a weekend stay.
LittleLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #21
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Pro, it is anything but a patch of pavement. It is so green it almost hurts the senses. It has level concrete pads, lots of well tended grass, full hookups, shade and very good wifi. It also has a beautiful and very relaxing stream running right thru it. They have a large club house and covered shelters. Yes you can hear the occasional traffic noise, but it certainly is not loud or annoying in my opinion. I live close to an interstate highway and under the long approach to an Air Force Base so sound volume is relative. There are several hiking trails. All this for $10 a night for members and $15 a night for visitors. You can become an associate member for $15 and get the member prices. Stay 3 nights and the membership has paid for itself. I will be making my third visit in April. I now plan my trips to the area to include a few days stay at TOG. Another plus is Helen a Bavarian style village about 7 miles away and a chance to eat a couple of good German meals.
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #22
Rivet Master
1985 25' Sovereign
Venice/Nokomis , Florida
We have been to Top of Georgia last year for a rally in the Spring, just happened to be on our way up to CT to visit. We was pleasantly greeted by all who attended and the facilities were very nice, it is a campground not a resort. If it is a high cost all frills that you are looking for, look elsewhere, this is Airstream country. BTW Top Of Georgia is not on a "highway". It is on a windy minor road in the woods in the mountains of Georgia. The reason I thought to own an Airstream was to have fun and interact with other Airstreamers. I guess that is what we will do. BTW we will return to Top of Georgia when we can. I thought this thread was Staying at the Top of Georgia not "NOT STAYING AT TOG"?

Bill and Janice, We're lovin' it! (Airstreaming)

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote