Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #1

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
St. Louis Bridge Construction

For those of you coming to St. Louis or passing through, be aware that there are some serious traffic delays due to bridge resurfacing on the downtown St. Louis I-64/55 bridge. I was driving home Friday and saw a 4 mile backup of eastbound traffic on I-44 heading for the bridge. In that mess was an Airstream in tow, so I hope I didn't see one of our forum members in that mess. I imagine that that person probably spent at least 90 minutes to get over to Illinois.

To bypass this mess use the I- 255 or I-270 bridges that are south and north of the downtown area. I-255 is the best for those whose route will be I-55 or I-44 in Missouri. Those of you with I-70 intentions should consider the I-270 route.

This downtown bridge paving will continue well into the summer which affects Illinois and Missouri metropolitan sections of I-64, I-55, I- 70, and I-44. These highways all join downtown to that single bridge which is being resurfaced.

I-44 drivers will also have significant rush hour delays due to paving about 25 miles southwest of St. Louis. Another rush hour bottleneck begins on I-44 on July 5th with a complete shutdown of first the west bound and then the east bound overpasses at River Des Peres about 14 miles west of downtown St. Louis.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote