Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...

Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser
So many excellent ideas!

Lynn, that's a great idea about the camera/video, I also had thought about taking a recorder -- I don't know if they're still available to buy, but back in the early '90's I took one to class at Ohio State & it was invaluable. That way, we could play it back to remind us of something we've forgotten or needed to be refreshed on.

Okiestreamer -- you hit a cord with us!! I don't know how we ever missed that exit/stop when we drove out there with our old car club friends! You can bet that is one place we'll be stopping, thanks so much for the pics and information.

Kay, thanks for the information on the railroad, that's something that we'd like to do too! Some years ago, we took our kids and my in-laws down to West Virginia to ride the Cass Railroad, that, too, took the better part of a day and was a great treat going up onto the mountain.

Also, Kay, I am so excited about possibly meeting you. I've followed your thread and you and your DH have been an inspiration to us. Can't wait to meet you!

Mark, Chaco Canyon sounds very intriguing, but we are nervous nellies about hiking out where we might meet up with mountain lions or anything that might attack -- is that a possibility out there?

Thanks again everyone!

Sorry to say we do not allow video cameras -

1956 Flying Cloud
Founder :
Four Corners Unit
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Oh well, it sounded like a good idea. Thanks for the info.

Counting the weeks......

Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Moline , Illinois
I'll be there and easy to find as I'll be camping in my 1973 Compact , a unique little red fiberglass trailer ; it really stands out among all the Airstreams . Stop by and say hi. Airstream will be at home

Great thing about this event is the opportunity for some hands on experience ,so if you like that don't wear your Sunday best clothes. also they will provide you with a work book that is outstanding.
63air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1999 25' Safari
Adair , Oklahoma
Deb, if you come through Oklahoma from Joplin and you want some great comfort food, then you might want to take exit 289 off I-44 and stop at Clantons Cafe in Vinita, OK. They serve great chicken fried steak and chicken fried chicken as well as other great meals. They were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives a while back. Google Clantons Cafe or go to their website, clantonscafe.com. Exit right, go past the Pizza Hut about a block or so and Clanton's will be on your left. It's only about 4 blocks off I-44. Hopefully, we will see in Albuquerque.
Okiestreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
63air, we sure will look you up. Also, thanks for the tip on the clothes, hands on is what we're looking for; we need to do some work on our entry door and hope to pick up some info on that while there.

Dave, thanks so much for sharing Clantons with us, it will be on our list. We love to watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, I think it's amazing that they are able to find all of those restaurants with such good food.

Thanks again.

Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote