A good portion of the trip was spent at my folks place outside Ludington MI. Lots of work helping my dad get caught up on projects. Much of his time is spent caring for my mom since her stroke 2 years ago. He has a well equipped shop so I took some time to work on a couple AS projects.
We've had problems with the water pressure and the pump running nonstop. The main problem was a air leak on the suction side due to a poorly installed filter. A poor electrical connection was getting hot and melting the tape that attempted to mend the poor crimp. The fill line had been installed over the top of the pump pushing it against the floor on its distorted rubber mount making it noisy. I decided to spring for a new 4 chamber pump and filter which probably wasn't necessary.
I've never liked the way the coach batteries were stuffed up in the front compartment. After redesigning and relocating the engine air filter, there was more than enough room to relocate them on the battery rack next to the engine batteries. Really cleaned things up. I hat to weld up a new tray and design a hold down.
Topped off the job with a new 60 amp supply/charger. The old one worked but only put out 12.5 volts which will not charge the batteries.
The coach batteries are charged by the engine which generally keeps them up if you are driving and plugged into shore power when stopped. With the new charger we can camp unplugged and charge the batteries at 60 amps 14.4 volts off the generator. Between that and the solar charger we can operate unplugged. Even with the new requirement to run Ann's CPAP all night.
I can also plug it in at home or storage to charge and maintain the batteries without having to hook up a charger.