Old 04-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I have an idea, take everyone with you to the dealer and climb inside both and see for yourselves. Consider that you may not want to stay outside all the time- rain, sitting, talking area, etc. A 25' will offer two sitting rooms in twin form, more floor space and more storage. You are talking about three with two in a tent but still those tenters will go to home base for everything but sleeping most likely.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
My wife and I have a 31' rear bath and sometimes even that is too small.

So glad we have vinyl and not carpet on the floor. Muddy campgrounds and rain don't mix well with carpet.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
1977 31' Sovereign
Johnston , Iowa
Just bought my own 25FC, RB. I went through the same dilemma in selecting size/model. I'm in a little better spot, since my two oldest are graduating college and high school. That leaves one at home still with my wife and I, plus two dogs. At the end of the day, I decided to go as big as I could tow behind an F150. Also, even though I like the convection microwave, I like the RB version because you get the oven as well.

Good luck!

p.s. It took me TWO YEARS to finally get the one I wanted! I lucked out and got a good deal on a used 2012.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
We have the 25' FC rear bedroom and find it to be virtually perfect for two. I don't think I'd want to consider anything smaller for the use you are describing. The 25-footer will give you some decent lounging area if you are cooped up in it at times and the larger bath is nice too, plus the extra storage as someone else has mentioned.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pleasant View , Tennessee
Just bought our FC 25FB a little over a month ago, and really happy with our decision. We're a family of 5 with 3 boys (16,13,6), and we took them down to the dealership to make sure we could all sleep comfortably. Had to get smart with the storage, but definitely glad we didn't go smaller. Took it out 2 weeks ago on a three day trip, and the two TV's and lounging space came in really handy; our day trips usually exhausted the kids and winding down was a nightly ritual. Also, cooking and storage was not as challenging with the added space. All in all, had to get creative with the storage, but I'm a minimalist and found we had room to spare. By the way, we chose the FB because we found that most campgrounds offered back-in parking and we wanted the main living space to face nature and not other campers. Also, the lounging couch/sofa was actually longer, making for a larger sleeping space (almost a full size if pulled out to the max), something to consider. Good luck on your new purchase, and happy camping!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorena2208 View Post
Just bought our FC 25FB a little over a month ago, and really happy with our decision. We're a family of 5 with 3 boys (16,13,6), and we took them down to the dealership to make sure we could all sleep comfortably. Had to get smart with the storage, but definitely glad we didn't go smaller. Took it out 2 weeks ago on a three day trip, and the two TV's and lounging space came in really handy; our day trips usually exhausted the kids and winding down was a nightly ritual. Also, cooking and storage was not as challenging with the added space. All in all, had to get creative with the storage, but I'm a minimalist and found we had room to spare. By the way, we chose the FB because we found that most campgrounds offered back-in parking and we wanted the main living space to face nature and not other campers. Also, the lounging couch/sofa was actually longer, making for a larger sleeping space (almost a full size if pulled out to the max), something to consider. Good luck on your new purchase, and happy camping!

We have a 25' Safari with 3 kids. I would love to hear your creative storage ideas.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
If you are looking at the 25 FB Flying Cloud, an option to consider is twin beds versus the cross frame queen. Having the area between the beds to standup and dress is a real blessing than standing in the bathroom hallway. It makes the bedroom function as a private sitting area and lounge for the parents.

One should lay on the queen bed near the front and sit up. Watch your head! Then visualize trying to get out of bed with a crab walk for a nightly bathroom trip without awakening a sleeping spouse. It was nearly impossible for me to get beside the bed to try and make it since I could not stand up to get my balance due to the overhead roof lockers and extremely constrained foot space beside the bed.

The bed issue was the primary driver for us to change to a larger trailer to get the bed in line with the frame. We decided to jump to the largest unit and not have to go thru the cost of an upgrade in a year or so.

If you have the resources, err on too big rather than too small.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We have slept in our Airstream for about 600 nights now. The queen bed is not a problem with our 25 and after all these years, don't care to sleep across the hall from one another in twin beds.

An Airstream can seem too small when parked, and too large when traveling. The 25 works well for both.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
We are in a similar situation. We have three kids and are minimalist when it comes to camping. We were making the 23 work, but we really like the pano windows around the dinette in the FB's and we decided a bit more separation between us and kids would be nice. We just upgraded from a 23fb to a 25fb Int Sig. In fact we are picking up the new 25fb tomorrow!

I had an idea that might help the bed time routine of taking down the dinette. I just need to work out the details. The biggest hassle with converting the dinette is removing the bottom cushions in order to lower the table. In a nutshell I'm going to make a new table top that is a couple of inches narrower. This will allow the table to go down without having to remove the bottom dinette cushions. I just need to find a way to support the table since it would no longer rest in the dinette bench. Perhaps a couple of boards that I can slip under the cushions to span across.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pleasant View , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAStreamin View Post
We have a 25' Safari with 3 kids. I would love to hear your creative storage ideas.
nothing special really, lots of the same things that many RV travelers have done. Using hanging sweater storage (zippered), nesting pots and pans, collapsable colanders, cutting board storage rack (overhead plate organizer). Shopping for our AS felt like we were shopping for apartment living, expensive! The most expensive being our nesting pots/pans, but they were really worth it, got the 10-piece (including handles and lids), and actually use them as mixing bowls too since it's rare we'll be using them all at the same time.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Late to this but my wife and I have a 30' FC and as stated earlier at times it is too small. It's only us and one dog (for now) getting another rescue lab shortly. If money is not a concern, hard to imagine, but I would always go with the larger one. No harder to tow, not much if any more expensive to pull, just need a larger vehicle - we did moving up to the 30'.

Has one person said take the whole crew out to the dealership - load them up, sit down for an hour or two, pretend to fix a meal etc. After that I think the answer to your question will be pretty easy.

ENJOY

Bud
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
Lake Forest , California
We have a 22 ft sport and wish she was bigger. Just fine for the two of us but not really big enough for the grand kids to sleep comfortably. I don't know, for some reason they just keep growing. Go for the 25 footer. Don't think you'll regret it.