Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

west orange , New Jersey
Solo for two weeks in June with 3 Y/O twins

My first adventure with my family of five from New Jersey to Florida in February was a bit intense. So... I am once again looking for some advice. I could go North towards Main, or South towards the Outer Banks, or even out West (but want to keep range within about 10 hours driving). About the only direction I have eliminated thus far is due East since Airstream has yet to outfit pontoons for the 27' Flying Cloud. So if anyone cares to offer suggestions we would be most grateful.
famlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Sonoma/Napa Wine Country , Northern California
Can't offer advice on where to go, within that bubble. My experience without an AS says N toward CAN. or Maine.

We can offer lots of empathy, from another family of 5 w/ 3yo twins. We did 2,500miles (too many!) on the road last summer. Less driving is definitely more fun or if you really want to get somewhere far away you stick munchkins+parent on train (where they can roam) & leave other parent to iron butt it solo.
Aspirations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Lyme , Connecticut
Freeport Maine has Recompence Shore Farm campground, very nice place, lots of animals and space.
Williamsburg Virginia, Chippokes plantation Campground, lots to do in Williamsburg and close to Norfolk that has USS Wisconsion battleship you can tour.
Both probably within 10 hrs of New Jersey.
Just a couple I thought of right away.
Hope this helps.
seldencove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Couple of thoughts:

- Salem, MA (Winter Island); actually a marina, right on the water (duh), within a 3 minute bike ride to the ferry that takes you into downtown Boston

- Jersey City (Liberty Harbor); close to you, another marina with a parking lot for sites, but literally located at a ferry site that takes you into NYC; views of the Statue of Liberty and a ton of bike trails to take the twins along the Hudson River.

- Bar Harbor (Acadia National Park); located in Bar Harbor, absolutely gorgeous, and great bike trails

- Outer Banks; beautiful.

- Las Vegas; oops, my bad - over 10 hours.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote