Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #15
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
I thought of parking it in the church parking lot and doing my Randy Quaid imitation, right there in downtown Savannah. But I do not have any overalls....
Without the Randy Quaid imitation, you might get away with it. A late friend of mine (may he rest in peace) routinely parked his RV overnight in church parking lots while on the road. He said that as long as he asked permission first he was never once turned away. That's what he used to do instead of staying overnight at a Walmart or Cracker Barrel. He really liked it because churches tend to be in better neighborhoods than Walmarts, and quieter, too.

WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Len and Jeanne
2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Plus, if film stars use trailers as change rooms on location, you could, too, in the church parking lot if it is a formal wedding. Your AS would sure beat the changing room in the church basement.

Hmmmm, maybe not. You don't want to upstage the bride.

Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
This will be in Savannah. She has an entire historic home next to the church, in which to change. I, on the other hand, will be stuck in my tuxedo the whole time. We rented a house down there, before we even thought about buying our AS, so I will leave the AS at home. I will be eating hamburger helper for a year after this wedding, but that is easily prepared in the AS.

lsbrodsky is online now   Reply With Quote