Old 11-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #113
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
How long will it take for Jackson to get all the repairs done? Hang in there, Michelle. Hopefully after this stop, it will be all smooth sailing. If you need any help or a place to stay around the Chattanooga area, pm me and I'll give you directions.

Glad you and Sara are ok!

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
I just can't believe you're still going Michelle. You rock!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Glad you are surviving the ordeal, Michelle... I doubt that this was the case with the police vehicle in this awful accident, but have you noticed how the gawkers who are looking at your Airstream as they pass tend to drift dangerously close to your lane and your rig? It happens to us all the time...from trucks to passengr cars...they seem to veer in the direction their eyes are going as they crane to get a good look. Makes me nuts. I feel like yellng, "Yes, it's an Airstream!"
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
I just can't believe you're still going Michelle. You rock!
Michelle is amazing, she just keeps going and going and going

Click image for larger version

Name:	energizer-bunny-page.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	71331

And just keeps right on ticking

Click image for larger version

Name:	53timexmarlin.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	71332

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #117
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey View Post
How long will it take for Jackson to get all the repairs done? Hang in there, Michelle. Hopefully after this stop, it will be all smooth sailing. If you need any help or a place to stay around the Chattanooga area, pm me and I'll give you directions.

Glad you and Sara are ok!
It will probably be about a month. The insurance has to do thier thing then they have to work on her. THe estimate has been sent to the insurance company and they will send the adjuster out in about a week. After talking to the service advisor I think we are still in the repair side of the curve. So I am going to leave here and Sarah and I are going to continue our journey. Fortunately the rest of our trip legs are one day or less.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #118

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Glad you are surviving the ordeal, Michelle... I doubt that this was the case with the police vehicle in this awful accident, but have you noticed how the gawkers who are looking at your Airstream as they pass tend to drift dangerously close to your lane and your rig? It happens to us all the time...from trucks to passengr cars...they seem to veer in the direction their eyes are going as they crane to get a good look. Makes me nuts. I feel like yellng, "Yes, it's an Airstream!"
They put a great big fire truck in the lane next to me to keep people from gawking too close. I felt better about that.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #119

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Michelle is amazing, she just keeps going and going and going

And just keeps right on ticking
Practical side of me say just keep dealing with it. If I let it stop me the every little life event will paralyze me. Some things are important and need to be taken care of now and other thing can wait. The airstream and house contract are top priority. One is done. The loan process is started and I will have plenty of help on that. My accountant has most of the financial data and she is back in Missoula near my loan officer. I am not worried. It is under control.
I don't rock. Friends Rock!

Old 11-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
WOW, glad that you are OK, sounds awful to me. I am amazed at all the caring people here and the help you got. This says alot about this ole place and it's people, good luck to you and hope the rest of your travels are safe.

Roy B
Old 11-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #121
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
It is so good to hear that things are working out, no matter how slowly it seems right now. There have been a couple of stories on these forums that will stick in memory for a long time - this is one of them. We can all put ourselves in your place and we know how scary it would have been. You've lived it and good for you. Continue to keep your head up, you've shown that you can handle that. Good for you! Isn't it great to have a good friend along with you? Our last cat was with us for one week short of his 20th birthday - longer than most folks have their children in their home. But, was he ever a comfort so many ways and so many times. Good to hear that all is working out. Enjoy yourself while in our area and good luck with your new home.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #122
2 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
Dolores , Colorado
She got the trailer to the best place for the repair. Everything is going her way. Kip you did a great job getting the trailer sealed up for her too.

Michelle, love your out look. Enjoy your trip and the new home you have waiting for you when you get back.
Lou
Old 11-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member

1961 22' Safari
Union , Oregon
We are certainly glad you and Sarah came through this mishap in good shape.
When things don't seem to go my way I try to look on the bright side. Remember that bath tub you told me you would really like to have in the trailer? I'm sure that when they remove some panels for repair that they can insert just about any size tub you can imagine through that hole into your AS. Full-length soaking up to your neck! I'll leave it up to you to figure how many water heaters you would need.
I admire your spirit!
Sam
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
Any time someone is involved in an accident with a police vehicle, I'm reminded of an accident that happened several years back with the Robertsdale, AL police department. One of their officers was on his way to a call, topped a hill at close to 100mph, and plowed into the rear end of a concrete truck that had just pulled onto the highway. The truck was completely out into the road and beginning to accelerate when the policeman hit him square in the rear. The police dept. charged the truck driver with failure to yield right-of-way to an emergency vehicle. Anyone who's ever seen a loaded concrete truck move, knows that he couldn't have just whipped out in front of the patrol car. The ticket held up in court, much to the dismay of local residents and the truck driver ended up losing his job over the incident. Something about the company's insurance.
Michelle, I wish you the best of luck with getting the police department to admit fault in this case. I have a great deal of respect for anyone who serves the public in any manner, but not all of them are always honest. The big thing is that you made it throught the accident unharmed and forum members proved that there are still good people out there willing to help another person in need.
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
2001 GMC 3500 4x4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #125
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Lone Jack , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journalist View Post
I'm reminded of an accident that happened several years back with the Robertsdale, AL police department. One of their officers was on his way to a call, topped a hill at close to 100mph, and plowed into the rear end of a concrete truck that had just pulled onto the highway. The truck was completely out into the road and beginning to accelerate when the policeman hit him square in the rear.
It was unfortunate that you had to witness that horrific accident! How else would the authorities have known the police vehicle was going 100 mph without your testimony? With that much speed vs a slow moving concrete truck, the officer surely died from the impact!

To be a witness to that event must be life changing!
Pop.528

"You better learn it fast; you better learn it young"-John Fogerty
Larry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #126
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
There are always two sides to a story. Accidents are called accidents for a reason. I hope everything works out for Michelle and certainly she has all our sympathy, but that's no reason to have ill will or poor opinions of the police. If the officer made a mistake, then that's all it was. That doesn't make him or his fellow officers evil, malicious, or reckless. And it doesn't mean there will be a coverup. Police are often held accountable for their actions to a higher degree than the rest of the public.