Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Seeking courtesy parking in WV along I-77

I'm looking for someone who can offer one night of courtesy parking on Tuesday March 20, 2013. We will be travelling south on I-77 and will be stopping overnight somewhere near Charleston, WV. Usually boondocking in a parking lot is enough, but the temps. look to be around 30, so the furnace will need to run. It would be helpful to have an electric cord to hook up to. If you are in this area and can offer space for a 27" Airstream and tow vehicle, please send me a private message.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Correction, Tuesday is March 19th.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi. Well, this isn't courtesy parking and it is further than you mentioned, but when we went to Edisto Island, SC last May, we stopped at a nice COE campground, I think it was in Virginia, or just into NC. It was a little bit of a drive off of I-77, but we liked it. A plus for us, which you are probably too young to enjoy, but we got it for 1/2 price since we have the Senior Pass.

While there we talked with the couple running the office and they told us a lot about work camping for government campgrounds and how to go about it.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We were actually planning to stop there last fall on our way home from Disney. But, we were making great time and ended up getting all the way to Bluefield, WV and overnighting at the Cracker Barrel. I think that getting to Charleston will be about it for Tuesday night's travel. I have to work a full day and then we're hitting the road. From our place to Charleston should be about all I can do safely. It seems to be about where we get to every other time we do this drill. We'll be heading east on I-64 once we get to Beckley.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Oh yes, driving after a full day of working does make for a shorter drive. Hope you enjoy your travels.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote