Old 02-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1983 27' Excella
French Settlement , Louisiana
Secont start to Alaska

Remarried in 2110 and decided to go to Alaska for honey moon .Well work they did not like it but was able to go any way .Started late, in July and the trip was slower than I thought so we were in BC and had truck problems ,turn around and came back. Well now I am retired and we are leaving early in mid April and going not have to be back for work.
Any one know any thing that we need to see and any great campgrounds ,send to me will post as best we can Billy& Jane

housebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2004 25' Safari
High Springs , Florida
We left from Florida. Hard to list what not to miss. Banff, Icefields, Alaska Highway, any Provencal Park, the water front parks in Seward, Valdez, Cassiar. For wildlife viewing there's nothing better than Allison Point across the bay from Valdez. We did miss the glacier in Hyder and I'm sorry about that. Our style is remote and alone so it's not everyone's cup of tea, as they say. We didn't use any coupon from any book for any excursion and don't feel like we missed anything. Others live and die by the coupon books.

Black7beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Go in through Chicken, plan one way on the Steward-Cassiar Highway and remember that famous quote, "If you come to a fork in the road take it" and you will see the real Alaska.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote