Old 08-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
2007 27' Safari FB SE
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Jonesboro , Arkansas
Seattle WA area campground suggestion

I am looking for a campground suggestion that is reasonably close to the Seattle airport and Bellevue, WA area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

ghaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2012 27' FB International
Fairchild AFB , Washington
The Seattle KOA is real close but not much to it. Very crowded but close to airport and highways. Oh yeah, Starbucks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

mbnroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
Currently Looking...
Port Moody , British Columbia
When were you thinking of being there? I know a couple of low cost ones and a free one by Mount Vernon. oopps I thought you said close to Burlington.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
A co-worker had visiting relatives stay at this place:

Maple Grove RV Resort, your quality RV Park when visiting Seattle, Washington State and the great Pacific Northwest.

We never discussed their stay, so I can't necessarily recommend it. I just wanted to let you know about it.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Seattle.
Yolanda (and Phil)
2013 30' Classic Limited
2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #5
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Seattle WA area campground suggestion

We just stopped by the Seattle KOA to buy some propane, which was reasonably priced for the area. The folks behind the counter were very pleasant to work with.

While there, we also looked around at the campground. The campground was neat and tidy, though campsites are narrow. We saw campers of all sizes, plenty of cheerful kids, a nice playground, a nice pool, a pleasant-looking fenced off pet area, and those KOA trikes you can rent and ride about if you like. Yes, it is right off the highway and you'll probably get some noise. OTOH, if you're in the area to visit Seattle and see all the related sights, you could probably do worse.

There are other campgrounds in the area that we know of, though we've not used them. I'm sure they have their own issues, not the least of which will be highway noise. Here are a few possibilities, though none of them will give you that idyllic "National Park" type of experience. - enjoys a "scenic" view of I-90, campers appear to be packed in like cordwood. Super-convenient location, if that's all that matters. - right on Lake Sammamish, though it looks like folks there are probably dry-camping in the grass. Still, it is right on the lake and there's a swimming beach. They host lots of big family-oriented parties, so expect plenty of cheerful, noisy company during daylight hours. - has some shade and it's fitted into a little triangle between I-90 and our local quarry operation. Definitely highway noise, possibly more quarry noise than you want on a weekday morning. They don't seem to operate the quarry on weekends, but I could be wrong. It seems pleasant enough and the location is convenient...but only you can decide whether the noise is tolerable.
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Land yacht harbor Airstream park is about 45 or 50 miles south of the airport in Lacy. Great place to stay. Also has a low parking fee if you need to leave a Airstream a while. Low camping rates also.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Dash Point State Park between Tacoma and Seattle is also good (or was, I have not been there in quite some time). It is a bit hard to find so look before hand at Google Maps or some similar, or program it into your TV GPS.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
2007 27' Safari FB SE
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Jonesboro , Arkansas
Thanks for all the help! I just picked up our new airstream from George Sutton in Eugene and headed to Seattle then off to Olympic NP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1407159008.591198.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	218244

ghaag is offline   Reply With Quote