Old 05-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
2007 28' Safari SE
Seattle , Washington
Seattle to Washington DC

Ladies and Gents,
After an interesting 2 years in Seattle it's time to transfer to Washington DC. While the two locations might offer a good discussion, I was wondering about the baffling number of sights to see along the way. My current planned route is Seattle to Boise to Yellowstone/Teton to Devil's Tower to Bandlands to Sioux Falls to Milwaukee to Jackson Center to Pittsburgh then DC.
I love national and state parks and have a good route until the Badlands...but what about between there and DC?? Milwaukee is a must along with Jackson Center but I am open to all good places. Anybody have some favorite spots along the way...ideally good parks, small/quaint towns, or good attractions?

SMVolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
If your route takes you anywhere near the dams along the Missouri River you can enjoy a night at the Corps of Engineers campgrounds. Very nice and clean campgrounds with large well spaced sites. Usually no water on site but all with electric. Water and dump station available. Reasonable prices too. If you find Yellowstone sites booked there are several Nat. Forest campgrounds on the west side just outside of West Yellowstone. Easy access into the park from there. Again, many sites have electric and water and dump nearby.

Enjoy and have a great trip.

Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
I think you ought to consider staying on 90 and seeing Glacier NP THEN Yellowstone and Tetons. We dont like that section from the WA state line to Pocatello. BTW try and stay at Coulter Bay in the Tetons. Full hookups.
John & Lisa
Woosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
2007 28' Safari SE
Seattle , Washington
Seattle to DC

I will check out your suggestion in the Tetons. I was hoping to look for something other than 90 as I've already done that route and was looking for something new. Anybody got some suggestions for good stops in eastern South Dakota, southern Minnesota, or southern Wisconsin?

Western South Dakota is a must, but after that...I'm lost? I'm looking for something between points G and L on the attached picture, J is Jackson Center so that's a must. Any help is really really appreciated.

Map is attached...if it doesn't show up.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Route SD to DC.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	185471  
SMVolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Chicago doesn't exactly qualify for a "small town" but we love the Museum of Science and Industry there.

my restoration & travel blog:
Someday'59 is offline   Reply With Quote