Old 08-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Screaming Complement

We were entering northern Missouri on a Great River Road trip, just leaving a Love's Travel Center with those nice RV diesel lanes.

The summer day was mild and green, quiet and serene. Turning back onto the access road, a blonde woman in a blue Chevy Lumina leaned out her window and screamed "I LOVE YOUR TRAILER!"

After nearly wetting myself in sheer surprise, I had a half second to reply "Thank You!" ...with somewhat less volume.

2014 Flying Cloud 23FB
2009 BMW X5 Diesel
Whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
In 2005, when we were towing our new Bambi home from our first camping trip to a local lake, I stopped at a traffic light in town; and the passenger in the SUV next to us rolled down his window and told me that we had done a great job refurbishing our Airstream, and it look brand-new! He was really surprised when I told him that it was new, and Airstream was still building them.

Then, at the next light, a pickup pulled up and asked me how much we wanted for it.

We still get people ringing our doorbell about once a month, asking if it's for sale. (Our Bambi is parked next to our house.)

Our Airstream definitely doesn't look new anymore, but we still get compliments and stares. For example, one time we stopped at a grocery store in Flagstaff to get some items we had forgotten; and when we got back out to our Bambi, which was parked way out near the highway, there were German tourists from a tour bus walking all around our rig, taking photos of their group standing next to the trailer. We asked them if they wanted to look inside, and we spent the next 20 minutes letting a couple of people at a time step inside and take pictures.

We never had this happen with our old travel trailer...

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
2007 20' Safari
Bath , New York
We stopped at a flea market a few years ago and a family walked by just as we parked. The 10-year-old boy said "If you ever think of selling that I'd like to know. It's just the kind of thing I'm interested in."
upstatetrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari
Wainscott , The Hamptons, Long Island
Had a yard sale last weekend. Most frequently asked question: "Is the Airstream for sale?"
Beer Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Tenkara Fly Angler
1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
On our trip between Christmas and NY we were offered 3x what we paid for ours at the campsite from a former AS owner. The ole brain numerical wheels started turning in my head, then I heard my wife politely decline the offer...
1975 Sovereign
"The Silver Bullet"
2013 F350 Super Duty 6.7 Liter Diesel
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote