Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Salina, KS Campground Recommendations

I've run out of ideas for my search. Maybe you guys can help?
I'll be traveling thru Salina, KS over the Labor Day weekend and will need a campground that has 30amp electric to run my air conditioner. It will just be an overnight stop but must be a place that will take a reservation, I don't want to be turned away late at night because a campground is full.
I've searched but only found 1 state park (Kanapolis) and they do not take reservations.
I prefer something North of the city even as far as the Neb. border near routes 135 north and 81 north.
But at this point, I'd like to hear any and all options, short of buying a couple of generators and staying at a rest area.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
_

. , .
there is a koa in salina and another 2+ hours west.

there is a nice private cg ~10 miles south (closer to little sveden) near lindsborg...

there are state parks and coe parks at the lakes north and west of salina (glen elder and wilson)

there are many private rv parks and IF you have access to a TL or woodalls book, many are listed.

some of them are listed on these 2 websites...

Kansas RV Parks & Travel, Inc. - RV Parks & Campground Directory

Free yourself - Camp Kansas!

we briefly played with the i70 info here...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...-ks-57193.html

heading north on 81 (from salina) there are several campground along the route (concordia, belleville)

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Great info, thanks!
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
Salina campgrounds

There is a wonderful city campground in Concordia, KS--across from the Walmart on the southside of town. It is a first come/first serve campground but has about 15 sites w/E & W and dump. One of our favorite places to camp on our way to/from Nebraska.
2Tex4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote