Old 08-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #57
2017 23' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
New England , Ontario
To be honest, it is not at all safe to leave your Honda with all these incidents of burglary and crime happening in our nearby places. I would suggest you install security systems. Secure your premises with CCTV cameras It is always advisable to go for professionally designed and installed CCTV video surveillance systems.

EdwardCharet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:16 AM   #58
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I believe it detracts from the traveling experience to feel one must take extreme precautions to guard against theft.

It is simply not a serious issue, as anyone who has traveled and camped extensively can tell you.

That doesn't mean it never happens, but one can be ripped off anywhere.

The incidence of theft in campgrounds, WalMart parking lots, off grid campsites, etc., just doesn't support such fears.

Take reasonable precautions, but don't allow yourself to feel that anyone around you can and would take what is yours if only they had a moment of opportunity.

Get out, experience this beautiful country and the people in it.

There...I said it.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #59
Rivet Master
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
I totally agree! We've left several things out around the camper and have spent 100s of nights out camping. The only thing I've ever had taken was a hatchet. The ranger took it, and left me a note. I had left it stuck in a RR tie they were using as a parking stop. He didn't like me damaging park property. I had to apologize to get my hatchet back. We cable the bikes and the generator to the AS, and don't worry. We've left the kayak on the beach overnight many times.
Now I've jinxed myself. I'll have to walk home from Colorado in a few weeks, everything will have been stolen. Just kidding.
2011 FC 23FB
2012 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab, 5.7 4x4
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:21 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member
1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon

personally I don't believe in inviting theft. We lock our bikes at night. We put a bike cable lock on the generator when boondocking etc. A lot of theft is a crime of convenience.

MontyV is offline   Reply With Quote