Old 02-11-2019, 05:55 PM   #1
Jo3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lake Lanier Area , North Georgia
Safe place to leave Camper?

Our planned ďsafeĒ driveway isnít available for Feb 28- March 4th. 5 nights. We will be in Pensacola for camping; but wanted to visit parents in Baton Rouge and grandchildren soccer games in Houston without pulling trailer entire trip. Suggestions? (parentís driveway is too steep)

Jo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
I think there is a members list who provide courtesy short term stay on their property.
You could leave it here but its the wrong side of the country.
just checked my profile and I checked a box. Provides courtesy parking. I see nowhere on the forum how to access those members....where ORTRA when you need him.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tyler , Texas
Tyler is way out of your way or you could park it here. Pay for a state park site? Not sure how comfortable I'd be leaving mine like that.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Alan -- From another thread -- click on orange arrow in quote to go there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
As mentioned above, there's a good search for WBCCI courtesy parking at the WBCCI website, but some members here also offer courtesy parking.

You can find AIRForums courtesy parking with the "Advanced Search" on the members list. Select pertinent information like the state where you're looking for parking and just above the "Instant Messaging" box there's a drop-down list labeled "Courtesy Parking"; if you open that and select "Yes", all the search results will be AIRForums members who offer courtesy parking.

You'd probably do well to sort the resulting list by "Last Visit" since someone who's on AIRForums more often will be easier to get in touch with. Of the 75 offering courtesy parking in TX, only 25 have been on AIRForums this year, but 8 of those had been on in the last couple of days.
Thanks, David, for the tips!

Peter

PS --
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
Our planned “safe” driveway isn’t available for Feb 28- March 4th. 5 nights. We will be in Pensacola for camping; but wanted to visit parents in Baton Rouge and grandchildren soccer games in Houston without pulling trailer entire trip. Suggestions? (parent’s driveway is too steep)
Lots of campgrounds have back-up parking/camping where you might be able to store the trailer, perhaps even with an electrical hookup. I would check with nearby Pensacola CG's and get their advice. Good luck.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Key Largo , Florida
Suggest you contact the Mystic Springs campground (about 25 miles N of Pensacola and owned by the local unit of WBAC). Nice place, nice people and very reasonable: last time we were there I think it was about $15 per night for full hook up 50amp site and a couple of bucks less for 30 amp.
Martin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lebanon , Tennessee
We have been in a number of private RV parks that will let you park you RV for a short time for a nominal fee, usually much less than a site with even minimal hook ups. Just call and ask.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Maryland
Contact a local campground and see if they. An give you a special storage price.
Gsnedike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin R View Post
Suggest you contact the Mystic Springs campground (about 25 miles N of Pensacola and owned by the local unit of WBAC). Nice place, nice people and very reasonable: last time we were there I think it was about $15 per night for full hook up 50amp site and a couple of bucks less for 30 amp.
Great idea! It's called Mystic Springs Cove. (online)
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Morristown , Tennessee
Ask an RV dealership.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Great idea! It's called Mystic Springs Cove. (online)
My parents are retired and work for Camping World in that area as CW ambassadors. They weren't familiar with them but are going to go by there the next time they are in the Milton area. I will report what they found.
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #11

2004 25' Safari
Navarre , Florida
Trailer Storage

Jo3 I sent you a private message
Purdysuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Someone had there RV stolen at a local state CG.
They had set up a several days early to reserve a site for the 4th of July weekend and found it gone when they went back on Friday night.

I have camped at several CG's that had storage area available. If I had to leave my AS and it was possible that is what I would do.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

1998 34' Limited
Lawrenceville , Georgia
Courtesy parking is listed in the back of the new WBCCI directory. There are numerous members in Florida who offer it. Some in Pensacola. I assume you have access to it where you are, either hard copy or digital, but if not, I can send the appropriate listings to you. Just PM.
Good luck

Just realized that you may not yet have an AS. If that's the case, maybe you can follow the leads posted above. I guess it's possible that some dear courtesy parking provider would be willing to host an SOB owner who's looking for an AS.
fwjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #14
Jo3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lake Lanier Area , North Georgia
Thanks all!

Thanks for info and continued info.
Thanks OTRA15 for link info. Took me a while but I got there!
fwjumper we are looking to upgrade to a 23ft or 25ft and now 27ft (now that I saw a utube video online). For the moment we have a Tab 400 and have enjoyed it for ease of pulling with our TV ( Buick Enclave) and learning the ropes. Once our house sells; we will want more room and want to stay in a place wks at a time. Will get a larger TV then. It is so helpful to find information on this site when that time arises.

Jo3 is offline   Reply With Quote