Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2016, 06:17 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
RV storage near Las Vegas, NV

I am planing a trip out west for next July, I'd like to head out in April and leave my trailer and TV out there, then fly out in early July. I am curious if anyone knows of a place to store an RV for several months out there?

Thnaks
Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1976 25' Caravanner
Salt Lake City , Utah
Interested in knowing, too.
youngpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Cris

2013 27' FB International
Las Vegas , Nevada
RV Storage in Las Vegas

RV storage in Las Vegas is always at a premium. Because it can get a little warm in Las Vegas during the summer, most seek "covered" storage. In my searches, I've found that rates for covered storage range from about $180 - $300 per month -- with the lower end for back-in 30'x10' spaces. An RV garage space will run from $350 - $600 per month -- and there's generally a waiting list for those. Over the last 5 years, I've rented both the covered storage, as well as an RV garage space.

In the end, I found what I believe to be the best "value" at Las Vegas RV Resort, 3890 S. Nellis Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89121. They have RV storage (mostly large back-in sites along the perimeter of the Park) - all of which have full hookups - an absolute rarity for storage sites. I don't know if the rates have changed, but I've had our 27FB Airstream there for 2 1/2 years @ $100 + electrical. This is a large, 10-10-10 rated park, with 24 hour coverage at the entrance gate. Check their web site (www.lasvegasrvresort.com) and look at the resort map (under Amenities) and you will see the storage sites designated in "Yellow". Most of the storage sites are large enough for a trailer or motorhome and a vehicle (side by side).

Good luck on your search...

Cris
Cris911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Wow! Gotta be some very wealthy folks out there. Can't imagine spendings / wasting that kinda money month in month out.
$120.00 here were I am seems a waste. $1500.00/yr? Ouch , plus I like to look at my baby everyday
nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
SW , Colorado
We stored our Airstream in Pahrump, NV between two trips to Death Valley and it worked out well. We used http://priceisrightstorage.com/index.html. I think it might have been around $65 per month. The facility seemed secure and it worked for our needs.
TwoSporks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris911 View Post
In the end, I found what I believe to be the best "value" at Las Vegas RV Resort, 3890 S. Nellis Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89121. They have RV storage (mostly large back-in sites along the perimeter of the Park) - all of which have full hookups - an absolute rarity for storage sites.
Cris, thanks for the info. I sent them an email and got a call within an hour. They seem very professional. Looking at the web site and google earth, it looks like the storage sites are at the perimeter. Also, they are uncovered. I assume there is a fence around it?

Do you guys know of any places that are covered or enclosed? I will only be there from April to July. I don't mind spending more to ensure security and weather protection.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
I'm also thinking that Flagstaff may work, any ideas on where to store that would be greatly appreciated. I am very nervous about leaving my trailer somewhere for so long...
Old 09-13-2016, 10:22 PM   #8
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Flagstaff is at a high elevation. Snowy!

We've spent parts of 3 winters in and near Death Valley, and are itching to go back. We've stashed the Bambi at the Temple View RV park in St. George, Utah. http://www.templeviewrv.com/ St. George gets some snow, but not lots. Temple View has a secure outdoor storage area, and if you wish and reserve ahead, they will put your AS on a site for you so it is ready for your arrival. St. George has a Costco, a good natural food store, &c; where we've stocked up before heading to the desert, and seems like a more user-friendly place to outsiders than Las Vegas.

Pahrump is a lot closer to Death Valley than St. George or Las Vegas, and we've been shopping there a lot for our weekly grocery and cell phone service runs. Thanks for the tip!

We also spent a night in Needles, CA, and noted that they seemed to have a lot of RV storage areas but we didn't use any of them.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote