Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
RV parks

so I haven't been to an RV park since I was a kid. I could use a primer on terminology and protocol. For example, we see length limits at many state parks. But I am not sure what those limits apply to. Is it the TT only, TT and TV when hooked together. Some of the limits seem to short to be both TT and TV. But I also cannot tell if spaces are typically big enough to leave your TV attached at night. We bought the AS for bicycling. So most days we will be at a park only a day and I would prefer not to unhook for one night. Who can fill me in? Also have you found problems finding spaces big enough for these big 34's? We are going to ride the Oregon coast this May and start the southern tier next year.

MontyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Depends on the agency. In Florida State Parks the sites tend to accommodate more than advertised. In Tennessee, I've been challenged just to get my trailer in a site advertised as 32' with the tv in overflow...

Google maps is helpful for a park I've never been to.

These days, 34' is a medium sized RV.

n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
It depends on the park. Some public parks actually list what length of rig each site can ideally accommodate (but sometimes they are not as accurate as you might like)... Commercial parks will usually ask you the length of your rig when you check in or reserve and try to put you somewhere appropriate. Length limits do not usually include the length of your tow vehicle unless stated, and it's been our experience that there's usually room to park our tow vehicle in the site as well...of course, we have a small rig....and rules vary from park to park.
TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
1988 32' Excella
Bonita , California
Pulling a 34' your going to have to unhook in most cases unless you get into a modern RV resort that has 50' pull thro.
Happiness only real when shared.
Christopher Johnson McCandless
2/12/68 - 8/18/92
RUMSHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Originally Posted by RUMSHIP View Post
Pulling a 34' your going to have to unhook in most cases unless you get into a modern RV resort that has 50' pull thro.
I usually call ahead and someone who is familiar with the park. I have not had an occasion where I must unhook to fit. Maybe some of the older national parks are this way. All of the state, COE, and private parks I have been to have not been a problem. I am at 56' total TV + AS (34').
The only challenge I have found is when the site is deep, but the hookups are towards the front of the site requiring either extending power/water/sewer connections or pulling forward to reach (my hookups are near the back). I usually just pull forward. (i had this issue at disneyworld ft wilderness)
1982 34' Limited
2000 Excursion V10 4x4
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote