Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
RV Park Scottsdale AZ

We are staying in Scottsdale for a week our so in March 08 And would like to know a good park close in. Any ideas?
Allen H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
RV Park In scottsdale,AZ

I am looking for an RV park in or close to Scottsdale! Plan on staying for 7 to 12 days.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen H
I am looking for an RV park in or close to Scottsdale! Plan on staying for 7 to 12 days.
Cave Creek is very nice.Stayed there 2 weeksw ago. Sites 8 and 9 have nice view. Its a ways from Scottsdale though, but not too far.

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 10-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
Thank you for your reply, I will try and find this spot in trailer life and make a reservation.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
I'm making tentative plans on escaping the Canadian winter to visit the Scottsdale area at the beginning of March. I, too, would like to know of a nice campground in the area. More specifically, clean, reasonably priced & laundry facilities. I don't need any fancy amenities (e.g, golf, pool, etc). I'll likely be there for 2 weeks before heading east. I travel with a couple of Dachshunds (great guard dogs!!), so it would have to be pet-friendly too.

I've seen some listings online, but the descriptions are quite vague.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We were just in the Phoenix area. Most of the campgrounds are snowbird ones. 500, 1000 or more sites, all close together. Some people seem to live there in permanent units. Many recreational facilities. Many, many rules and age limits. They'll have some sites for people staying a short time, but most sites are for people wintering. It was ok because we were in town for only two nights. We stayed in a place off I-17 on the north end of town. There were many more to the east in Mesa and to the south, but not much in Phoenix—land's too valuable. I don't think there were any in Scottsdale itself. Depending what you want, there are plenty of warm places in Arizona and Southern California. Phoenix has a lot of air pollution too.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
As Gene pointed out there are a lot of winter visitors and semi-permanet folks in the RV parks...the later in theh spring you are there, the less busy it is...manyof the winter folks begin heading home during March/April...and April is the best time of the year! There are tons of RV parks in the Mesa and Apache Junction areas east of Phoenix and Scottsdale along highway 60...or not far from it, and 60 is a main artery to metro Phx, so a trip to Scottsdale or Phx isn't that bad. As you go further east there is more room... As Sky noted, Cave Creek is supposed to be very nice...

Get online and do some searches for RV places in Scottsdale (probably not many there), Mesa, Apache Junction and Cave Creek...you've find a place to land! You could also search for Gilbert and Chandler, which are south in Metro Phx area along I-10. If you have questions about the places that might work for you, give them a call...they are usually forthcoming about everything... And, too, if you aren't sure, make a reservation for a couple-three days at one of them and then scout others out when you get here...so if you find something you like better you can re-locate...

If you're not tied to Phx, there are also a lot of RV parks in the Casa Grande (between Phx and Tucson near I-10 and I-8) and Tucson areas.

Above all, enhoy this great state....it is truly amazing and has a climate for just about anybody.

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote