Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

RV Park in Albuquerque, NM

We plan our first southern trip to NM in January. We have interest in Deming and Albuquerque. We see American RV park listed for Albuquerque. Has anyone any information on this park? Is there a significant difference in temperature in the two areas?

We expect to spend two months. Would love any suggestions for a NM trip.
myrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
American RV is Very Nice. We stay there when in Albuq. Deming is much warmer that time of the year.
Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

RV park in Deming, NM

I was suspicious that it might be a little warmer in Deming. We found Deming Roadrunner RV park there that may work for us. Do you have any info on this?
myrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrnaw
We plan our first southern trip to NM in January. We have interest in Deming and Albuquerque.
Art Galleries, shops, museums, restaurants: Santa Fe & Taos
Indian ruins: Bandelier Nat. Mon., Chaco Culture N.H.P., Gila Cliff Dwellings Nat. Mon.
Petroglyphs: Petroglyphs Nat. Mon. Albuquerque
Aerial Tram: Albuquerque
Caves: Carlsbad Caverns
Hot Springs: Truth or Consequences
Skiing: Santa Fe, Taos, Ruidoso
Waterfowl: Bosque del Apache N.W.R.
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Albuquerque , New Mexico
American

Albuquerque offers a lot to do. American RV is proably one of if not the nicest RV parks we have. It is on the edge of town and on the west side. You will have to come through a construction zone on the interstate to get into town but as long as you arent doing it during rush hour you should be ok.

I don't know anything about what deming offers.

Abq is closer to Santa Fe if you plan on spendinf anytime there which is recommended. Just bring your Wallet. Santa Fe has much to offer and lots to buy.
knjobrien5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Albuquerque

By the way, I live here in Albuquerque. Today it is in mid 30's and sunny. no wind. When are you coming? Oh and do you know the answer to the most important question you will here while visiting...Do you like Red or Green ?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Green is better!!!!!!
Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Red

I prefer Red on most things unless its a breakfast burrito then green with Charizo is the way to go.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Don't forget the East side of ALBQ!

Don't forget!

There are plenty of places to camp on the East side of ALBQ also. The East Mountains are beautiful. And you can shoot straight up Rt 14 into SantaFe. Very pretty road. Scenic too and very trailer friendly! Also, goes right through the Artist village of Madrid - a place to visit of that is highly recommended. Usually MOBBED in the summer as there are lots of jewelry places and art galleries and rug shops and even a decent biker bar. Hey, it's NM!

Plus I-25 between Santa Fe and ALBQ is a crazy race track that has seemingly hourly wrecks that can turn a 1 hour ride into several hours within the blink of and eye! Rt 14 between Cedar Crest and Santa Fe even has a pyramid that you can visit! Think it is a monestary or something. Gorgeous rock formations at every turn too. Very nice drive and lots to see.

And if you come up Rt 14 and want red chili, green or the BEST DOG GONE SALSA up here I can personally recommend ChiliPenos restaurant, right before the Sandia Crest cut off ( NOT a trailer friendly road!). Best Salsa I have ever had - period. Burger Boy, in Cedar Crest, is famous too!

Heck, if you are coming up, through or past this way, send me an email with your info and I'll be glad to help you plan your time in this area. Lots to see, do and experience. Hey, in a week or 2 you could even ski here!

Hey, a little boosterism can't hurt can it? Can't wait to see you!

Ciao

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Green!
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #11
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
RED of course, everyone knows that the green is a joke on the tourists

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:02 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Red, green....

Gen. Disarray -

Fraid not, the green is ALWAYS way hotter. Green Chili Cheese burger is one of the true GIFTS of the gods when doen right. Burger Boy on Rt 14 dos do it right. A true "do not miss it", IMO. "Make mine green, and ALL OVER IT!"

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Huh... Red AND green, baby! Christmas style! Western Sky in Taos. Waitress saw me sweating and asked if I was OK. I just smiled and asked for more water. I was in pain, but it was a GOOD kind of pain!

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Now where talkin.....

Have you ever heard of a RED chili cheese burger, nope its GREEN and the premier world famous green chili cheese burger only comes from the owl bar in SanAntonio, NM - now that good eatin!

Speaking of chili - I love to take the yankees to northern NM and watch the smoke come out of their ears....

Ken J
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #15
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
makes me miss when I lived up the pecos canyon. A fan of red or green, you have to admit there isnt anything like a hatch chilli. I really miss having the powdered red ones to make chilli and breakfast buritos with.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Albuquerque , New Mexico
red from the pods

But if your making Red, the powder is convinient but to get ALL the flavor you need to make it from the pods. Blend them, strain the chili, add the special secret spices and love and you will have the best red chili you have ever tasted. It's not a fast process, it takes patience, add the chili to your favorite meat, corn tortilla, cheese and oh don't forget the Sopapillas made from scratch.

Um good.

You might ask where do you find this delicious meal.....often found in grandma's kitchen but I get it at any of the 23 firestations in Abq. Made by some of the best chef's in the southwest.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Newcastle , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrnaw
We plan our first southern trip to NM in January. We have interest in Deming and Albuquerque. We see American RV park listed for Albuquerque. Has anyone any information on this park? Is there a significant difference in temperature in the two areas?

We stayed In Bernallio (approximately 12 North of Albuquerque on Hwy 25) over Thanksgiving at The Coronado State Monument Rv Park ( run by city of Bernallio). Very nice spot & very inexpensive. $18 per nite, $100 per week. Each site has it's own small pavillion with table. You can walk right down to The Rio Grande, where Coronado stayed. Only it does not have sewer. Need blue tank or large holding tanks. Is right behind the Jackalope. Also great food in Bernallio at Abuelita's.

Barkingdogg
Barkingdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Del Norte , Colorado
NM has many very nice state parks with RV sites. You might want to pick up a brocure at any state park office.
The one in Deming is up on a mountain overlooking the city, great views, great hiking, not very crowded when we were there last January.
nymphfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:17 PM   #19
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
By-the Way:
If you get the chance to travel north of Santa Fe, I recommend spending a day or two at the hot springs at “ Ojo Caliente” http://www.ojocalientespa.com/. We visited it a few times, overnighted once, but not with our Airstream 'cause we own one at the time. However they do have a RV park with limited services.
It’s a down-to-earth spa for the local folks, without the expensive fancy spa stuff. For our next A/S trip we have Ojo Caliente and Chaco Canyon on our itinerary.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #20
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStanley
By-the Way:
If you get the chance to travel north of Santa Fe, I recommend spending a day or two at the hot springs at “ Ojo Caliente” http://www.ojocalientespa.com/. We visited it a few times, overnighted once, but not with our Airstream 'cause we own one at the time. However they do have a RV park with limited services.
It’s a down-to-earth spa for the local folks, without the expensive fancy spa stuff. For our next A/S trip we have Ojo Caliente and Chaco Canyon on our itinerary.
You will love Chaco, however, I wouldnt take an airstream there. The roads are worse than bad and will shake your coach to pieces. There are RV sites in Farmington though.