Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2003, 02:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

RV ferries to Victoria/Vancouver Is., B.C.

Info about ferries for RVs to Vancouver Is. from Vancouver vicinity.
desired.
Length limits, pets allowed, web sites
Airstream Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Not much help here but I know the ferries up there are HUGE!!,

Big enough for 18 wheelers I know so any RV would fit. Did the ferry in a rental car from Port Angeles to Victoria and then from Victoria back thru a bunch of islands to the mainland, very cool, at least for this simple Texas boy. Our ferries down here are the small open air kind.

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 03:13 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Ferries to Vancouver Is.

Thanks
Iv'e ridden the TX state ferry many times from Galveston to Pt Bolivar when I lived in Houston an we had a house in Galveston. Have read that there is a bridge under consideration to replace the ferries there, Any truth or just a mirage??
Old 05-01-2003, 03:54 PM   #4
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
This should have all the information you need.

www.bcferries.bc.ca

Malcolm
kamadeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:30 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

B.C. Ferries

Many thanks for the web site.
Called now and found this.......
Pets are allowed but not on passenger decks but can be walked on the car deck
No backing, you drive on drive off
Propane turned off
Takes about 1 1/2 hours from Vancouver to Vancouver Is.
Cost about 60$ for my PU truk and 25' Trailer
Phone operators VERY helpful
Old 05-01-2003, 10:45 PM   #6
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Beautiful B.C.

You are in for a delightful trip.I have travelled all the routes as I lived there.I recommend the'milk run' if you like island hopping.It's called the Gulf Islands route and takes you to 3 different islands,all of which you can debark ,camp on and catch the next one.Salt Spring Island is the last and largest (22 mi.longx4mi wide).and has a wonderful art community.One of our forum members lives there (fulltimer).You cn then get one of two ferries off to Vancouver Island.(Ask for the "through fare"-think it's cheaper).Salt Spring has a website-do a search.
Also if you want to get from Victoria to Washington state you can do so on the Black Ball Ferry.There is info on their website.The Olympic Peninsula is a great visit with some beautiful rainforests and mountains.
One more thing-B.C. has gov't owned campsites that are exquisite and in the most beautiful settings.I believe they are first-come basis,but you should also be able to find a provincial website-try BeautifulBC.com or a search.
ENJOY
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:51 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

If you are going over to Vancouver Island try and get up to a little place called Telegraph Cove.

There is a small RV park overlooking the most picture purfect natural harbour you have ever seen. The family has owned the area for 100 years or so and are the original Whale watching company. They have been running tours for years. They have a new fast aluminum boat but take the old wooden one instead. It is so well known to the whales that they sometimes rub up against it.

They also do a zodiac tour about 40 miles up the inlet accross the inland water way. Once up there you get out of the Zodiac climb in a van up to a platform over a river and watch the Grizzly's fish for Salmon.

We have done a lot of traveling but this has to be one of the most memorable places we have visited.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote