Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Some loops closed is sometimes a seasonal thing. They will open basically from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
True. At some parks. However, Reserve America and Reservations.gov specifically say "closed indefinitely due to budget considerations" when you try to select certain campsites at the parks I mentioned.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #22

1969 25' Tradewind
Memphis , Tennessee
Mississippi river Rv park is in downtown Memphis. It is located right at the old bridge on Interstate 55. Around the corner from the Ornamental Metal Museum. It is old but well maintained. Your first impression might be that It is not up to par, and it is a bad neighborhood but I know the guy that helps HG take care of the place and I have done work there myself and I can tell you that it is ok. The lady that owns it is the sweetest woman, everyone loves her. Only problem this month is that it is Memphis in May and the park is full for most of the month. I looked for it in my campground book and it is not in there, I don't know why. Their number is 800-827-1714.
lisacarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1995 34' Excella
Corinth , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Are there any nice campgrounds near Le Bonheur children's hospital in downtown Memphis?
About a year and half ago we stayed in Shelby Forrest campground. Our Granddaughter had brain surgery at Le Bonheur so we were in the campground only for the nights, but I would do it again. I found no drawbacks.
TAC # MS-8
Hodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Hopefully our granddaughter will get to go home soon from LeBonhuer. Home is Cockrum, about 10 miles east of Hernando or 10 miles south of Olive Branch. Memphis South campground at Hernando is looking pretty good. I wonder if there are other campgrounds within 10 miles of Cockrum.
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 AM   #25
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisacarner View Post
Mississippi river Rv park is in downtown Memphis. It is located right at the old bridge on Interstate 55.
After much searching, I finally found an online review of this place, from back about 2002. Nothing newer. The reviewers were not impressed, and said that traffic noise from the Interstate was very loud and disruptive.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1995 34' Excella
Corinth , Mississippi
There is a COE campground called Dub Patton Campground on Arkabutla Dam road. I have never stayed there but usually enjoy the Corp parks. Also they are discounted if you have a Golden Pass or the equivalent. There is campers app for smartphones and iPads that you might find helpful. "ALLSTAYS CAMP & RV." I use it every trip.
TAC # MS-8
Hodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We decided on EZ Days in Southaven. The baby is out of LeBonhuer's now and at home in Cockrum, MS. The kids house is still 20 miles away from the campground it seems, but any other campground is even further away. Jellystone is nice, but is $5 more per night or $30 more per week and a little further away than EZ Days. I am also planning to take a motorcycle riders course at the Harley shop nearby.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
m.hony....any report back on location....my wife at some point in the next year wants to go to memphis to a children's science museum for the kids....and a few other things in that area....

how was your stay there?

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Memphis , Tennessee
I hear village creek in ark. is nice but I haven't stayed there yet
'65 Buick Electra 225 convt.
willapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Arkansas
Village creek state park is a really special place. Sits on Crowley's Ridge just outside of Wynne, AR. We have stayed here several times and camping accomodations are top notch. It is well worth staying here and making the 50 minute drive to Memphis. Make a visit of Wynne too.

2017 25' Safari FBQ - “Fly Fish Inn
2023 F150 XLT
FishByFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We stayed at EZ Daze RV park just off I-55 in Southaven, MS. It was a great campground, but being privately owned and within the city limits campfires were not allowed. There was no lake view. There were no bbq grills. A good clean place to park the trailer for a week if you need to be near Memphis or close to relatives there. We might look into Memphis South at Coldwater, MS, but have gotten some bad reviews.
Nothing compares to state parks and Corps of Engineers parks and Forest Service parks for lake views, scenery, wildlife, campfires, and barbecuing. Next time we might just stay at a Corps of Engineers park a little further away. No matter where we stay we are still 20 miles away from our daughter's house.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955