Old 05-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , Texas
We like both Fuller and Sawyer; however, a check on Sawyer might be a good idea due to the high river water level although it is behind the river levy. We plan on staying there again this month on our way west. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1999 23' Safari
Austin , Texas
Spent three nights at Graceland last July and found ut clean and secure. The park is fenced and a 24hr manned guard house is at the entrance. For Elvis fans ( which includes me) the park is behind the Heartbreak Hotel and next to the parking lot for Graceland. On my list of things to do ONCE, is the Graceland tour! We really enjoyed the tour. Elvis was one unique guy!

We too heard it was it was in a bad part of town but saw no evidence to confirm that.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I enjoyed pictures of the 1967 Caravel restoration.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I have heard EZ Daze is nice and big, but it is $27 per night. Tom Sawyer or T O Fuller may be less. We can stay in Corps of Engineers parks half price. North Abutment Campground in Grenada is $10.00 per night, therefore getting 2 or 3 nights for the same price as 1 night at some other campground.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
We can stay in Corps of Engineers parks half price. North Abutment Campground in Grenada is $10.00 per night, therefore getting 2 or 3 nights for the same price as 1 night at some other campground.
Check availability first; some CoE campgrounds in the area have partial closures (some loops closed) this year due to budget cuts. I've run into that issue for Arkabutla, Sardis, and Enid Lakes already in my trip planning, but haven't checked the Grenada Lake campgrounds yet.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Some loops closed is sometimes a seasonal thing. They will open basically from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 AM   #21

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Some loops closed is sometimes a seasonal thing. They will open basically from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
True. At some parks. However, Reserve America and Reservations.gov specifically say "closed indefinitely due to budget considerations" when you try to select certain campsites at the parks I mentioned.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #22

1969 25' Tradewind
Memphis , Tennessee
Mississippi river Rv park is in downtown Memphis. It is located right at the old bridge on Interstate 55. Around the corner from the Ornamental Metal Museum. It is old but well maintained. Your first impression might be that It is not up to par, and it is a bad neighborhood but I know the guy that helps HG take care of the place and I have done work there myself and I can tell you that it is ok. The lady that owns it is the sweetest woman, everyone loves her. Only problem this month is that it is Memphis in May and the park is full for most of the month. I looked for it in my campground book and it is not in there, I don't know why. Their number is 800-827-1714.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1995 34' Excella
Corinth , Mississippi
Quote:
Are there any nice campgrounds near Le Bonheur children's hospital in downtown Memphis?
About a year and half ago we stayed in Shelby Forrest campground. Our Granddaughter had brain surgery at Le Bonheur so we were in the campground only for the nights, but I would do it again. I found no drawbacks.
TAC # MS-8
Hodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Hopefully our granddaughter will get to go home soon from LeBonhuer. Home is Cockrum, about 10 miles east of Hernando or 10 miles south of Olive Branch. Memphis South campground at Hernando is looking pretty good. I wonder if there are other campgrounds within 10 miles of Cockrum.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #25

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisacarner View Post
Mississippi river Rv park is in downtown Memphis. It is located right at the old bridge on Interstate 55.
After much searching, I finally found an online review of this place, from back about 2002. Nothing newer. The reviewers were not impressed, and said that traffic noise from the Interstate was very loud and disruptive.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 05-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1995 34' Excella
Corinth , Mississippi
There is a COE campground called Dub Patton Campground on Arkabutla Dam road. I have never stayed there but usually enjoy the Corp parks. Also they are discounted if you have a Golden Pass or the equivalent. There is campers app for smartphones and iPads that you might find helpful. "ALLSTAYS CAMP & RV." I use it every trip.
TAC # MS-8
Hodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We decided on EZ Days in Southaven. The baby is out of LeBonhuer's now and at home in Cockrum, MS. The kids house is still 20 miles away from the campground it seems, but any other campground is even further away. Jellystone is nice, but is $5 more per night or $30 more per week and a little further away than EZ Days. I am also planning to take a motorcycle riders course at the Harley shop nearby.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
m.hony....any report back on location....my wife at some point in the next year wants to go to memphis to a children's science museum for the kids....and a few other things in that area....

how was your stay there?

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote